Lucidx

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/

Now come on, who doesn't think this movie will be the most badazz thing since LSD.

The CG looks amazing plus I can tell by watching the extended preview that the general plot surounding the main idea of 2012 is cool.

I don't. The only way I will ever watch this is if I can get 250 people to watch Zeitgeist, the Movie.

I give it a "meh", honestly I think he made it just to scare the beejebus out of everybody about all this 2012 nonsense.

I'll second that. And not only that, but really, I think the previews of the movie are overdone. They're trying to do far too much in a single movie according to them. Most movies that try and achieve too much end up being crappy as it won't make sense. Too many lines that don't connect properly are drawn.

so its a medical film?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

"LSD" redirects here. For other uses, see LSD (disambiguation).

"LSD-25" redirects here. For the dock landing ship, see USS San Marcos (LSD-25).

Lysergic acid diethylamide

Systematic (IUPAC) name

(6aR,9R)- N,N- diethyl- 7-methyl- 4,6,6a,7,8,9- hexahydroindolo- [4,3-fg] quinoline- 9-carboxamide

Identifiers

CAS number 50-37-3

ATC code ?

PubChem 5761

ChemSpider 5558

Chemical data

Formula C20H25N3O

Mol. mass 323.43 g/mol

SMILES eMolecules & PubChem

Synonyms LSD, LSD-25,

lysergide,

D-lysergic acid diethyl amide,

N,N- diethyl- D- lysergamide

Physical data

Melt. point 80 °C (176 °F)

Pharmacokinetic data

Bioavailability ?

Metabolism Hepatic

Half life 3-5 hours[1][2]

Excretion Renal

Therapeutic considerations

Pregnancy cat. X(AU) X(US)

Legal status Prohibited (S9)(AU) Schedule III(CA) Class A(UK) Schedule I(US)

Routes Oral, Intravenous

Y(what is this?) (verify)

Lysergic acid diethylamide, LSD-25, LSD, formerly lysergide, commonly known as acid, is a semisynthetic psychedelic drug of the ergoline family. LSD is non-addictive and non-toxic. LSD is well known for its psychological effects which can include closed and open eye visuals, a sense of time distortion and profound cognitive shifts, as well as for its key role in 1960's counterculture. It is used mainly as an entheogen, a tool to supplement various practices for transcendence, including in meditation, psychonautics, art projects, and psychedelic therapy, and as a recreational drug. Formally, LSD is classified as a hallucinogen of the psychedelic type.[3]

LSD was first synthesized by Albert Hofmann in 1938 from ergot, a grain fungus that typically grows on rye. The short form LSD comes from its early code name LSD-25, which is an abbreviation for the German "Lysergsäure-diethylamid" followed by a sequential number.[4][5] LSD is sensitive to oxygen, ultraviolet light, and chlorine, especially in solution, though its potency may last for years if it is stored away from light and moisture at low temperature. In pure form it is a colourless, odourless, and mildly bitter solid.[6] LSD is typically delivered orally, usually on a substrate such as absorbent blotter paper, a sugar cube, or gelatin. In its liquid form, it can be administered by intramuscular or intravenous injection. The threshold dosage level needed to cause a psychoactive effect on humans is between 20 and 30 µg (micrograms).[7]

Introduced by Sandoz Laboratories, with trade-name Delysid, as a drug with various psychiatric uses in 1947, LSD quickly became a therapeutic agent that appeared to show great promise. However, the emerging recreational use of the drug in Western society during the mid-twentieth century led to a political firestorm that resulted in the banning of the substance.[8] A number of organizations—including the Beckley Foundation, MAPS, Heffter Research Institute and the Albert Hofmann Foundation—exist to fund, encourage and coordinate research into its medicinal uses.[9]

WTF? o_O Why we need to learn about LSD...

I think the whole 2012 thng is nonsense to, anyway who want's to believe the world coming to a end anyway, those people are nuts-o i think.

Also whats with the lcd thing, way off topic.

I give it a "meh", honestly I think he made it just to scare the beejebus out of everybody about all this 2012 nonsense.

I'll second that. And not only that, but really, I think the previews of the movie are overdone. They're trying to do far too much in a single movie according to them. Most movies that try and achieve too much end up being crappy as it won't make sense. Too many lines that don't connect properly are drawn.

Remember "The Day After Tomorrow"? They made it look so insanely awesome in the previews...and well, I fell asleep during that one. Everything gets destroyed...and I fell asleep when they were getting medicine off the boat or something, haha....and this movie is by the same guy that did this...uh oh.

Movies...meh. Doesn't seem like there's too many good ones out these days.