Premature Release  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of quest's would you like to see the most?

• Quests that introduces well written characters and well written stories.
    • Quests that have riddles and mysteries that you need to solve.
    • Stories that draws upon the Elder Scrolls Lore, and delves deep into many of the unanswered questions in the Elder Scrolls Universe. (Even though we know we're probably getting a biased answer, or probably not a complete answer)
    • Quests that will allow you to explore places you've never been before, or discover places where you thought there was nothing.
    • Quests pop out of nowhere and surprises you
    • I don't really care for stories, or concepts, or anything! I am the Dragonborn! Just point me in the general direction you want slashing!
  2. 2. Do you like the outfits created by this mod? Would you like to see more of these in the project?

• I love it! Make as many as you can!
    • I think this one plain shirt with a few belt and color variations is enough.
    • I do not like what you have made.
    • I think there are enough vanilla outfits in the game. Why create new ones?
    • I have no opinion on the matter.

"I hope the mod won't disappoint when it is released :smile:"

hahahahhahahahha no.

I think it's safe to assume that you've made this a pretty darn epic thing from what I've gathered ^^

Can't wait, so hyped, because I'm actually building up for my very last final ultimate Skyrim playthrough and I think this mod will definitely be a part of it ^^

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I hope the mod won't disappoint when it is released :smile:"

hahahahhahahahha no.

I think it's safe to assume that you've made this a pretty darn epic thing from what I've gathered ^^

Can't wait, so hyped, because I'm actually building up for my very last final ultimate Skyrim playthrough and I think this mod will definitely be a part of it ^^

So no pressure, right? hehe!

I really do hope your not having too high expectations and that the mod will enrich your playthrough. I've been doing some stress tests myself as well as a few others and it appears to be very stable despite the amount of characters, buildings, and clutter this mod adds to Skyrim. I cannot vouch for how compatible it will be initially with other mods though. A friend did test out the mod and combined it with JK's Whiterun and Dawn of Whiterun to see how well it worked with all three overhauls, amazingly it worked fine though I suspect there may be conflicting navmesh edits and perhaps vanilla object conflicts. I will try and create as many compatibility patches as I can when the mod is released as I know there are certain essential mods that have some minor incompatibilities.

The mod is essentially finished now, I am fixing some nitpicked issues that I find as I test and if I discount adding new outfits, perhaps finally getting around to adding two signs for the Butchery and Bakery in Falkreath- I could release the mod today. However I'd hate to implement this patchwise later so I fear it will be a bit still before I release. I've been having some rigging problems with the weight-scaler for the outfits for the mod but I am receiving some tips from a fellow modder and will fix this, so far I've managed to create a texture-placeholder which I can create color variations for, a base outfit, and today I have created various collar variations. Tomorrow I will look into the sleeves and create variations there as well for each of the collars, and the day after I will create variations on the length of the shirt. Then its all about adding the variations of belts, fur/hide vests/jacket variations, pants variations to the numerous bases, fix the signs (should be quick enough to do, just need to create a texture), and release. I do want to fix a courier system for the mod but that may take a bit longer as I believe it involves scripting. Like I said I did plead to a modder here on the Nexus for permission and help but he never replied so I will have to try and sort this myself. We have so far 59 books and more are coming, a friend has been very helpful with helping me write a good deal of them and we've made a goal to have a round number of 100 books available in the mod, after all the mod provides a library in Haafingar and Eastmarch, and a bookstore in Falkreath, may as well add a few new books.

I've told the testers that I am placing a final deadline on the mod, as far forward as the 1st of April, that will be the second year since I created this forum page but I suspect I will be done long before that. If I can keep this pace and not receive any heavy school assignments I could have this done before March, I hope your not disappointed with the deadlines as I am sure your eager to begin your Skyrim adventure, that makes two of us as I have personally not really played Skyrim properly since 2012 when I started working on this mod. Either case I really appreciate your comment, its nice comments like that that makes me push forward now to get this done, thank you :)

oh don't worry mate, I do not expect perfection nor a timely delivery of the mod! I, and all others, are in no place to expect or DEMAND anything so, truly, no pressure! :D

About that dead line: Don't worry, I'm also waiting on Chesko's 'Last Seed' mod and afaik, that'll take it's sweet time too and 'Holds' probably be earlier in any case :)

I'm sure this will be awesome af

Small update;

Okay, I've finished the base outfit models. So we have four variations of shirt collars, we have three variations in the length of the sleeves, long, elbow and above elbow. We also have three variations in shirt length. Now that the hard modelling is over I can create variations by adding variate belts, variations on pants from vanilla assets, and variations on whether or not there is any linings knitting the collar. I will also add variations with vests and jackets which will variate between hide and fur. All of these things will have variations in color, so variation of color of the shirt, and variation of type of fur and hide for the jackets and vests. Hopefully this will add enough variate clothing for the mod to not make characters feel repetitive.

I've received some helpful advice from a fellow developer here at the Nexus who has experience with rigging to muscle weight and I have managed to find my problem. However how to go about fixing this and how long it will take is really up int he air right now. :)

Update;

Thought I'd upload some screenshots of the work I've done so far on the outfits. I'm sorry I couldn't showcase these earlier but I had to make sure I had the permissions I needed in order to create these :)

I will of course make more and these are very simplistic, I have not added any belts or any pouches or any extra details and that is because they can be used as bases for when I do so. Do note that while every one of these have different collars, lengths on the sleeves and the lengths of the shirt, these are also variations which are available to all of the shirts. I do hope you like what you see, and if not do point out where I can improve.

http://i.imgur.com/3zpEiak.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tGNXdJd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bMkbpQg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TC0KmZA.jpg

Hope you like them :)

Some more screenshots of outfits. This weekend I have literally worked my fingers to the bones. We now have vest variations for all the clothing variations and I therefor have all the bases I need to start working. Not all variations will be available in the mod, seeing as there are over 720 of them, but I will make it possible for players to purchase all of the non-vest variations and then add the vest ontop sort of like you would a cloak. For the NPC's however I will use outfits due to making sure that the memory stays pristine. I still have the rigging process ahead of me but I think I now understand what I did wrong before and I believe there is a solution which shouldn't take up too much of my time. Here is an example of short vests with brown bear fur. Whats interesting is that I can see possibilities of making texture variations for the vests. Instead of fur I could use leather, or fabrics. Considering this is Skyrim I would guess that fur vests would be the most common. What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/9ZqHFEK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0Hj4OWP.jpg

Here it is without the texture. Don't you think it could be used to make other vest types? :smile:

http://i.imgur.com/goPmIBw.jpg

Edited by Galandil

Little suggestion, as you maybe know the Witcher Games are free to use as ressources for modding. As most modders seem to mainly use this to import the outfits of the female characters, I am a bit confused that nobody ports the more obvious parts, fitting for Skyrim in the game.

For example for your clothing variations, you could maybe you use clothing textures of the Skellige people:

Screen_Shot_2015-06-03_at_10.16.15_AM.0.http://media2.giga.de/2015/06/witcher3-skellige-r%C3%BCstungsset-banner2.jpg

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2015/06/the-witcher-3-review/witcher12-1920x1080.jpg

Really? I'm allowed to port resources willy nilly from the Witcher 3? I was not aware of that and for safeties sake I would have to get a confirmation on this first. With that said though I could really only think of a few outfits I would want to put into the mod, I could imagine adding some of the armors as part of quest characters, or future content and rewards. The outfits in the Witcher 3 also look very different from what you find in Skyrim and I fear they would stand out too much if they were found everywhere, though I may be wrong about this as I have not yet seen them in the Skyrim game. I will of course look into this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention ;)

I don't know how I haven't seen this project until now, but this looks really exciting. I love the aesthetic you're going for. It has a historical vibe that offers precisely the kind of reimagining of Skyrim that I've been hoping to see, and I love that you're thought through the logic of each place, such as the buildings like those in Dawnstar. I see above that you have a timeline for completion of the physical part of the mod, with the voice acting and quests coming later. Out of curiosity (and please forgive me if I missed this in the thread), will the guilds or new NPCs/written dialogue be present in the first release, but not quests and voiced dialogue, or will it primarily be the physical buildings?

Either way, I'm thrilled to have found this project. I'm angling for at least one more play-through of Skyrim, and I think it might be worth it to wait for your release--this is just too cool to pass up!

I look forward to seeing what you do.