Premature Release  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of quest's would you like to see the most?

• Quests that introduces well written characters and well written stories.
    • Quests that have riddles and mysteries that you need to solve.
    • Stories that draws upon the Elder Scrolls Lore, and delves deep into many of the unanswered questions in the Elder Scrolls Universe. (Even though we know we're probably getting a biased answer, or probably not a complete answer)
    • Quests that will allow you to explore places you've never been before, or discover places where you thought there was nothing.
    • Quests pop out of nowhere and surprises you
    • I don't really care for stories, or concepts, or anything! I am the Dragonborn! Just point me in the general direction you want slashing!
  2. 2. Do you like the outfits created by this mod? Would you like to see more of these in the project?

• I love it! Make as many as you can!
    • I think this one plain shirt with a few belt and color variations is enough.
    • I do not like what you have made.
    • I think there are enough vanilla outfits in the game. Why create new ones?
    • I have no opinion on the matter.

Great to hear :smile: my wisdom teeth are coming through too and being quite annoying.

Do you know if this mod will require a new save? I want to start a playthrough, but will wait if that means I'd only have to start again come April anyway.

My advice, get it checked out by a dentist. I spent so much time, and money going to an ear/throat doctor who were incapable of understanding why I was there, as it all appeared fine. Have a dentist do a check-up and see if there is an infection. Waiting can only risk it spreading to other teeth which will then have to be pulled as well, or cause pain. ;) Best to get it out of the way ASAP.

I am.. well, unsure. Technically my experience would tell me that yes, it will require a new save. I have heard of people installing city mods and having odd things happening, such as the game remembering an object being somewhere else then where the author placed it, AI packages, which are what tells NPC's what and when to do things behaving as if there wasn't any changes. Similiarily you can get these problems when your load order isn't placed correctly with city overhauls, but with this, I'd advice playing it safe and starting a new game ;)

There isn't all that long left now, if I can fix the remaining things tonight, then I can quickly head-start on compatibility patches, and creating modular patches. Compatibility patching should be easy from what I hear, it only requires Tes5Edit and creating an ESP with both as an dependency where you shape things up a little bit to work together, and remove records which conflict, such as one of the navmesh.

I do also want to try adding one tiny script though before I do so. Its for the keys in Solitude. In the Haafingar Bank there are these lockers which are owned by the wealthier citizens of Solitude. Now you can lockpick them, but they are tough locks and there are guards. If you manage to get a hold of the keys to each individual lock then your supposed to be able to open them and take the property without it being counted as a theft. Now this requires a script, not a very difficult one, I already know how to script it, but my papyrus is being difficult. Luckily I did catch word of a tutorial by Darkfox127 explaining a work-around.

I also want to give it, one last try on the courier system. Simply make the courier go to the Whiterun courier Headquarters after he delivers a letter, instead of standing in the middle of the road like an idiot. Previously he always teleports out of existence once he reaches the headquarters and I think this is due to one of the scripts by Bethesda. I will look into it. I did contact a mod author who've made a similar mod but he never responded, likely doesn't want people doing the same thing he did, but I will see if I can figure it out, if not then expect it in a later patch ;)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear :smile: my wisdom teeth are coming through too and being quite annoying.

Do you know if this mod will require a new save? I want to start a playthrough, but will wait if that means I'd only have to start again come April anyway.

My advice, get it checked out by a dentist. I spent so much time, and money going to an ear/throat doctor who were incapable of understanding why I was there, as it all appeared fine. Have a dentist do a check-up and see if there is an infection. Waiting can only risk it spreading to other teeth which will then have to be pulled as well, or cause pain. :wink: Best to get it out of the way ASAP.

I am.. well, unsure. Technically my experience would tell me that yes, it will require a new save. I have heard of people installing city mods and having odd things happening, such as the game remembering an object being somewhere else then where the author placed it, AI packages, which are what tells NPC's what and when to do things behaving as if there wasn't any changes. Similiarily you can get these problems when your load order isn't placed correctly with city overhauls, but with this, I'd advice playing it safe and starting a new game :wink:

There isn't all that long left now, if I can fix the remaining things tonight, then I can quickly head-start on compatibility patches, and creating modular patches. Compatibility patching should be easy from what I hear, it only requires Tes5Edit and creating an ESP with both as an dependency where you shape things up a little bit to work together, and remove records which conflict, such as one of the navmesh.

I do also want to try adding one tiny script though before I do so. Its for the keys in Solitude. In the Haafingar Bank there are these lockers which are owned by the wealthier citizens of Solitude. Now you can lockpick them, but they are tough locks and there are guards. If you manage to get a hold of the keys to each individual lock then your supposed to be able to open them and take the property without it being counted as a theft. Now this requires a script, not a very difficult one, I already know how to script it, but my papyrus is being difficult. Luckily I did catch word of a tutorial by Darkfox127 explaining a work-around.

I also want to give it, one last try on the courier system. Simply make the courier go to the Whiterun courier Headquarters after he delivers a letter, instead of standing in the middle of the road like an idiot. Previously he always teleports out of existence once he reaches the headquarters and I think this is due to one of the scripts by Bethesda. I will look into it. I did contact a mod author who've made a similar mod but he never responded, likely doesn't want people doing the same thing he did, but I will see if I can figure it out, if not then expect it in a later patch :wink:

Yeah I know, it's on my list of things that need to happen now. Maybe after Easter? :teehee: I remember well the discomfort and inconvenience of my braces, despite it being years ago now, and would not like to sabotage all of that hard work.

Ah it makes sense that it would require a new save, it does make the most sense to need one.

What mods are you prioritising patches for?

DarkFox also streams on Twitch a lot should you ever get truly stuck :)

The courier tweak sounds great. I know Provincial Courier Service gives the courier a place to call home, but I vaguely remember there being a mod that varies what the courier looks like - maybe you could reverse engineer that one to see how they summon the courier? Let me know and I'll just hunting it down.

April cannot come fast enough!

Less then a week left now :)

Last night I was handed a quick review by a well known mod reviewer and will be releasing it here on the forum very early on the 1st of April, before I start preparing it for the release later in the day. Very glad I was given a chance to see the mod on a heavily modded game as it revealed a few otherwise annoying issues which I've now made sure to fix! There was something extremely gratifying with seeing my mod covered by a mod reviewer as a completed product!

Darkfox127 is a god-send to modding in my opinion. His channel has taught me so much about modding and I will definitely keep frequenting his channel as I continue development for the next iteration. I have never checked out his twitch streams though, maybe I'll give it a look after release.

I did take a look at the courier yesterday, but I must be honest, its a very complicated thing to do and does present problems, (Would hate for the mod to become very buggy or unstable due to a change I do now and cannot test properly). It is also a little bit difficult to test as it requires me to actually get the courier to deliver me a letter. I did try this in January as well, and what I started to suspect was that the courier system did not update before I had a new game, making my changes for the most part inconsequential. I will be making a future courier system, as the courier hanging about the middle of Whiterun 24/7 has always annoyed the hell out of me, but for now, I'd advice people to use Provincial Courier mod as it does fix these problems, though it does this by sending the courier to a house near the Honningbrew Meadary, rather then the courier headquarters which I've created. Reversing his appearance well, considering the Provincial Courier system sends the courier back to a house, it would be a little odd if he just suddenly transformed his appearance when he gets a delivery. I do know though that if the courier is killed, he will re-spawn with a new appearance, if I'm not mistaken. Further more I believe both mods are very strict on not allowing people to tamper with their mods and steal assets without permission. After working on this yesterday I did learn a few things, for one you may not actually require a script for the Courier to head to a location and stay there, there is something else that makes him disable, or teleport away after a certain trigger, I will look into this after release.

I have also looked into the key, and well, papyrus is being difficult, so I fear for this first iteration I will not be able to add the key system. Though the keys are still in the game, as are the lockers. If the guard is, well, having a drink upstairs you should be able to grab whatever you want from the lockers, provided you have a great skill at lock-picking, or the key.

I have added a ton of new permission items, such as new weapons, shields, etc... You can read about some of these items in books, and you can find them scattered about the world in area's where it would make sense to find them, provided you have read the books. There is also some new outfits which have been used. I have fixed a few problems with the rigging of the outfits for females, though I suspect a few minor dismemberment weights may still be attached to the wrong body part and may cause some clipping in certain actions, I suspect at any rate. I will see if I can fix this before the 2. iteration.

For the next two days I will focus on nitpick details and writing books and letters. So far we're up to 82 books, and over 70 letters and notes. I sort of suspect we may not actually reach 100. Its a hunch, as I'd hate to just make books for the hell of it, but I will do my best.

The mods I will create compatibility for first will be mods that I know are used by just about everyone, and is incompatible.

- Unoffical Skyrim, UFO, Convinient Horses, Undeath, Climates of Tamriel (May not necessarily require a compatibility patch, will look into it), Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Interesting NPC, and beyond that... I am not so sure. I haven't actually played Skyrim since 2012, I've been modding this project. So mods out there will be completely new to me when I do try them. Because of this I do not know for certain which mods could be incompatible, and I therefor encourage people to either create compatibility paches themselves, or to give me a heads up so that I might fix them.

I have also spoken with Shurah of the Immersive Citizens AI overhaul and we've agree'd to wait with compatibility until he can finish his mod, it makes sense considering the amount of bugs that can arise when using different versions and the time spent creating compatibility over and over. But I think we both want there to be as much compatibility as possible so eventually we will probably see a compatibility between the two.

As for your teeth! I had braces too as a kid, believe me. Pain caused by an infected wisdom tooth is waaaaayyyyy worse, and it only gets worse day after day after day. Deal with it as soon as you can, if that's whats brewing them you don't want it to carry on as long as I let it. I am extremely lucky I didn't have the infection spread, or develop into blood poisoning which could have been lethal, so do get it checked out :)

Okay! A minor update.

We now have 100 books, and the mod is finished. To find the books in the mod you need to seek out all three libraries. The Falkreath Bookshop, The Haafingar Library and the Palace of Kings Library.

I've also added the outfits in the mod to the clothing leveled list, thereby making them purchasable in shops.

The mods first iteration is hereby finished. I will spend the remaining time up till 1st of April creating compatibility patches and making modular versions.

awesome aweome awesome !

Finished my final exams just in time to play this :smile:

Final exams in March? Well aren't you lucky :P

I just did a test and the Civil War now works as intended in terms of faction swapping, previous bugs have been seemingly fixed as I can't replicate it. Yes mod is ready for release. I've spoken with some mod reviewers and a few of them have come back to me and would want to cover the mod. One of which has already and I will post the review early in the morning on Friday, 1st of April and release the mod sometime in the afternoon. The other modder says he will be streaming a test of an alpha version of the mod, though he has been feeling a bit ill so we'll see if he is feeling well enough. I've spoken with one other who says he would like to try the mod out and if he likes it, he wouldn't mind showcasing it on his channel. So hopefully the reviews will be positive and either way the first iteration will be released on Friday afternoon. The waiting time is almost over! :thumbsup:

Tomorrow I'll start creating compatibility patches, so if there is any mods in particular you suspect will be incompatible then let me know so I can create a patch!

Ahhh. So excited.

Edit: As for mods that might be incompatible: Interesting NPCs, which is probably a little obvious, and Inconsequential NPCs, which probably also conflicts.

I will try to get compatibility patched for Inconsequential NPC's. I am a little worried though as the mod page appears to be very strict on permissions and I cannot find anything on whether or not the mod author allows compatibility patches to be made. Sounds daft, I know, but you never know. Interesting NPC's appears to be very welcoming of compatibility patches so I shouldn't have a problem making one for that one at least. Otherwise it appears as though the Inconsequential NPC's adds their NPC's to the big cities of Skyrim, Solitude, Windhelm, etc... Which for the most part has its vanilla design intact and has more additional parts added where it wont clash with the original layout. So I think it should be compatible either way, but to be sure I'll have to speak with the mod author.

As for creating patches. Well, having a ton of fun learning about this, but I am a little puzzled by how it apparently is required to convert the mod esp into an esm to do this. Personally I would avoid this if I can as it has so far been important to load the mod as far down in the mod-list as possible to keep it from having strange hickups. I'll see what I can do, but if there are anyone out there who are very familiar with how to create patches, do please feel free to explain it to me :)

From what I understand, you don't have to convert it permanently- just for while you make your patches.

You sure? The compatibility patch would have a dependency towards a .Esm file? Not having that in your load order, and instead as a .esp wouldn't this cause crashes?

Otherwise I've done some testing and I could have a esp file which has a dependency towards a .esm. Problem with this is that it gets a little messy and I assume also unstable. The problem with the .esm is that it only stores the non-vanilla edits, vanilla edits are not stored so you require a .esp for this mod as well.

@Edit; Actually, your right. I found a tutorial by Darkfox127 which explains it in detail. Your 100% right, you need to trick the creation kit into thinking that an esp is an Esm for the duration of editing the patch. :)

Edited by Galandil