What Will You Do In Oblivion?

Dilvish

Many of us know something about the new features in Oblivion by now. What do you look forward to seeing and doing in TES IV that you couldn’t experience in Morrowind?

I want to gather new ingredients in the dense forests and use them to mix dire poisons. I want to dip my arrows in various poisons and see which are most effective on my hapless targets.

One of my first characters in Morrowind didnt do the blades quest (previous char died tragically((repeatedly)) doing the second quest), and I never realised that I was this Nerevarine untill I had collected almost all the books! She just wanted to get rid of all the plague animals and dreamers cursing her.

I'm looking forward to see what alternative line to the resolution of the game I can follow o_O

And see if I can orchestrate my friends joining me in prison, hehehe...

Indeed - I might try to make a decent thief character, although I'm dubious about the stealth system still. However, playing as a proper thief with the decent AI would be nice to do.

Also there's just the general stuff - stand and marvel and the prettiness of the forests, as I wander through the trees slaughtering wildlife as I go...

Well, so far I'm planning to make a stealth bow character. Methinks the first thing I'll do is fiddle with the video settings until I get things juuust right. ;P I expect maximum would be very laggy in towns and such, even on a good computer. As other people have said, next I'll go poke/stalk a few NPCs to see what they do. :P Maybe sell my loot from the newbie dungeon as soon as I figure out where the merchants are, and see how the new bartering system works (if they're doing one, I don't remember).

Picking ingredients from the forests could be interesting too, and you never know, it might even be profitable! That'll have to be something I figure out. However most likely I'll just poke into the forest and try and find a random dungeon to loot. ^^

*Continues rambling for the next 6 hours*

Woohoo! Just 1029 hours to go! *Cough*

I will probably build up a good mage character get a a spell that has a ton of damage and a ton of area and levitate over every town and blast everyone to dust and get caught and get out of jail with my spells

rinse,lather and repeat on each town. :D

Download the model export plugin and take advantage of the better mapping support than Morrowind. So many new features to play with! Like normal-mapping a million-poly sword onto something that can actually be used in a game, but look just as good.

Archived