GOTY Edition [10-13-09]

kbobs

Please forgive what may have already been addressed or is just may simply be a bad question, but I plan on purchasing the GOTY Edition of FO3 with the 5 Add-Ons included and was wondering what the chances are the bugs will be fixed.

I offer this as a general question without including specifics about my set-up and maybe that makes it harder to answer, but it seems to me after all the feedback from the FO3 community, Bethsoft would at least address the problems with the the all in one package.

Anyway, I think it would be useful to exchange ideas. Thanks

Sorry, but Bethesda obviously does not share your philosophy. I've mentioned this before, but they utterly fail at PR, and this will likely not be an exception.

I fully expect the GotY edition (which I will get myself) to be riddled with bugs and require further patching (which some time in 2010 or 2011 they might provide).

Sorry, but Bethesda obviously does not share your philosophy. I've mentioned this before, but they utterly fail at PR, and this will likely not be an exception.

I fully expect the GotY edition (which I will get myself) to be riddled with bugs and require further patching (which some time in 2010 or 2011 they might provide).

As I suspected. At least I will have the add-ons and a "fresh" copy of the game. And oh yes, a nice shiney new box.

As another who will get the GOTY. I suspect that it will have the current 1.7 patch, To me The GOTY represents the end of their work on Fallout 3 & it's patches. I do agree that it would be great if they did a final (1.8?) patch but I think their minds are elsewhere at this point.

As another who will get the GOTY. I suspect that it will have the current 1.7 patch, To me The GOTY represents the end of their work on Fallout 3 & it's patches. I do agree that it would be great if they did a final (1.8?) patch but I think their minds are elsewhere at this point.

I concur. It should be patched to the latest edition, but this is the last dump of the Fallout 3 material and we can expect little or no support from here on out. I have my copy on pre-order because I never got any of the DLC's the first time around. I'm looking forward to getting back into into the game with all of the new DLC's and the terrific new mods that weren't available when I played it before.

Rabbit

I concur. It should be patched to the latest edition, but this is the last dump of the Fallout 3 material and we can expect little or no support from here on out. I have my copy on pre-order because I never got any of the DLC's the first time around. I'm looking forward to getting back into into the game with all of the new DLC's and the terrific new mods that weren't available when I played it before.

Rabbit

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I too think there will be no more support from the publishers after GOTY. Anyway, I have most of the issues and solutions from various forums indexed and hope I can resolve any problems I may have.