Story after Skyrim?

Deleted3989288User

But the civil war? How will that be reconciled re: canon?

It won't be. Either it will be ongoing in the next game, or resolved through means totally unrelated to the events of Skyrim (invasion from Atmora, another Great War, resurgence of the Katnahtan Flu etc.)

And Hermaeous Mora will have corrupted the Dragonborn? Seems to me the Dragonborn belongs to Akatosh.

Possibly a sub-plot for the next ES game will be reconciling the soul of the Dragonborn?

This one is more complicated. You are a hero of prophesy. That means your soul doesn't belong to anyone. You have walked on of the 6 ways and escape from the cycle of normal existence. Heroes either join the spirit of Nirn (Niri or Alessia, depending on the faith) ascend to godhood (the Hero of Kavatch became Sheogorath) or simply fade back into the dream. They escape by essentially having no soul, and being free from the cycle of life-death-rebirth that is Mundus.

The Dragonborn will be mentioned in passing, i am sure, but there will be no reconciliation.

Game lore pretty much tells you Atmora experienced climate change, transforming the mostly cold land into an ice-age-style wasteland.

The source of that information is the fabled Tiber Septim though... Who wasn't actually Atmoran. Or a Nord for that matter...

Game lore pretty much tells you Atmora experienced climate change, transforming the mostly cold land into an ice-age-style wasteland.

The source of that information is the fabled Tiber Septim though... Who wasn't actually Atmoran. Or a Nord for that matter...

Just checked the Pocket Guide 3rd edition, and it speaks of "Expeditions to Atmora in modern times" that have confirmed it to be an icy wasteland. Despite the unclear term "modern times" I'd wager it was not Tiber himself who conducted a one-man expedition and then, for no reason whatsoever, deceived the others into thinking that Atmora is frozen.

• 1 month later...

But a new threat looms over Tamriel. Hermaeus Mora, enraged that his so-called "new champion" has slain Miraak and then vanished from Apocrypha, watches, waiting, searching through his tomes of forgotten and forbidden knowledge to find a new way through the barrier between Mundus and Oblivion, to claim the soul of the Dragonborn once and for all...

Hermaeous Mora was the one who killed Miraak- impaled him with a tentacle. But I like the premise of your idea- staving of daedric dominion.

Here are a few things I like to keep in mind when I speculate about TESIV.

Elder Scrolls games are separated chronologically often by decades or even centuries. I think the chances that TESIV will be a direct follow up to Skyrim are slim at best. I do hope, however, that TESIV is the staging ground for the Second Great War to play out. Elder Scrolls games always pit the PC against a mortal threat to Nirn. Perhaps in TESIV, the Thalmor have finally devised a way to rid Nirn of man (but perhaps doing so would also somehow pose a threat to Altmer who aren't members of the Thalmor or something, just so that the threat is still legitimate for Altmer PCs). The player starts as a prisoner in Summerset Isle, accused of spying, but is able to escape by closely following an experienced thief who is breaking out of prison. I'd enjoy that. I also hope TESIV has better non-combat systems (crafting, speech, etc) that are more action based; i.e. instead of reaching a certain smiting skill and seleting a sword from a catalogue, require a certain skill level, but then also include a skill based mini-game that forces the player to time the smithing process, having them carry the hot metal from the forge to the water and stuff like that.

• 2 weeks later...

But a new threat looms over Tamriel. Hermaeus Mora, enraged that his so-called "new champion" has slain Miraak and then vanished from Apocrypha, watches, waiting, searching through his tomes of forgotten and forbidden knowledge to find a new way through the barrier between Mundus and Oblivion, to claim the soul of the Dragonborn once and for all...

Hermaeous Mora was the one who killed Miraak- impaled him with a tentacle. But I like the premise of your idea- staving of daedric dominion.

Here are a few things I like to keep in mind when I speculate about TESIV.

Elder Scrolls games are separated chronologically often by decades or even centuries. I think the chances that TESIV will be a direct follow up to Skyrim are slim at best.

The events of Oblivion happened six years after Morrowind.

My Ending:

After the death of Alduin the World Eater, Harkon and Miraak the Dragonborn marries Serana The Daughter of the Cold Harbor and settles down somewhere deep in Skyrim's forests. The Dragonborn, now proclaimed the savior of Tamriel and Hero of Skyrim has made a truce between the Stormcloak Rebellion and the Empire as Ulfric Stormcloak and Elisif the Fair worked together to make some sort of treaty with the Empire making Skyrim an independent state allied with the Empire of Cyrodill allowing the fair people of Skyrim to worship Talos but staying in friendly terms to the Imperial Empire. Only a few Thalmor camps lie around Skyrim to "moderate" this treaty, while the other camps were burned by "bandits". Whiterun became a major city of Skyrim expanding it's borders and one of it's biggest hero's Lydia was proclaimed as a saint to the city as she died defending the fair town from a Dragon. Maven Black-Briar was exposed for her crimes and was arrested sent to Solitude Prison. As for the High King tittle it was given to Ulfric Stormcloak as Elisif got over her hatred for him for killing her love but still resenting him calling him a war crazed maniac, and she gave the throne to him aswell under the condition that he rules well. Markarth was once again safe as the local Forsworn were all slained by the Dovahkiin, what's left of them retreated to the mountains of High Rock. Solstheim started to flurish once more, as new trade routes were opened and towns were built as sanctuaries to all Dark Elves, yet leaving the near by Skaal to themselves. The vampire court was disbanded and most of them were cured or slain themselves since they had no purpose. Meeko was adopted by the Dragonborns family and now lives a happy life. A big statue was built in the center of Skyrim's Capital, Solitude, to honor the biggest Hero Nirn has ever seen, the 4th era's Dragonborn.