ain t no mountain high enough

kleinstaff

I only recently picked up on Fallout 3 and despite some early frustrations about getting my character killed so often i am starting to get the hang of the gamemechanics and not dying so often anymore

so i settled in megaton , freed bigtown from the mutant scourge , helped arefu by killing off the family

helped getting rid of those firebreathing ants and cleared the surrounding area from raiders and critters

and am now in my way ti galaxy news radio but here is ly current oribkel

i cant get there every route into dc seels to be blocked by rubble , nor does the pitboy map helps a lot , i think i wasted about 3 hours of game time by now

frustrating because i climbed higher and steeper cliffs in real life

so is there a way over them or is there something i am missing

Edited by kleinstaff

It's been several years, so my memory already fails me, but didn't you have to go underground for this? I remember entering a tunnel system at a river bank in the middle of some ruined city remains, and when we came out on the other end we were in the middle of some BoS fighting against mutants or some such, right in front of the GNR building.

...damn, it's too long since. I can't remember a single step from where we went through previously though to get to this entry point at the river. :ermm:

Head for the Super Duper Mart. Then cross what's left of the river. There should be a metro entrance pretty close by here. Once you enter the metro, just follow your quest markers & the signs on the walls.

Head for the Super Duper Mart. Then cross what's left of the river. There should be a metro entrance pretty close by here. Once you enter the metro, just follow your quest markers & the signs on the walls.

yuck underground i knew i missed something

and i did passed there several times already

Edited by kleinstaff

• 1 month later...

Head directions Rampage post mentions and I think it's Farragut Metro you find. Go down on to tracks and you should see 'GNR Outpost' graffiti on the walls if head into tunnels, just follow. Connected to this - if you wish to get to the centre of Washington with Museum of History etc and the Mall, head for Rivet City and the Anacostia Crossing Metro which is beside the City. Going down on to the tracks you follow tunnels and will exit on to the Mall and the centre, if you don't go down to the tracks but head straight through to the next exit you will emerge in Seward Sq which is the Ranger Compound area, another place I spent ages trying to find. Now I've got it can't understand how I was such a noob to miss it :)

• 2 months later...

Yep, to get around downtown DC (and a few other places) you have to go underground A LOT. Always always always look for (and check out) Metro Stations, Utility Tunnel accesses and Manholes wherever you go.

Otherwise, quite aside from being unable to complete various quests, you miss a great deal in terms of exploration.

Edited by 7thsealord

• 10 months later...