Important News Regarding The Server

Dark0ne

Dunno about DoD:S really, i didnt think much of it, and for some reason it crashes after 10 mins or so...so eventually i gave up on it. I dont understand why in such close combat infantry battles valve doesnt integrate a iron sights or a lean function?

They've got iron sights for the rifles but no lean. However unlike BF2 Valve seem to be updating DoD:S quite regularly with new maps and performance tweaks that are gradually making the game better.

To me DoD:S is a game of skill; you need to have good knowledge of the game and it's weapons to be successful. In BF2 you just need to jump in a tank and you're almost guaranteed a top 3 position at the end of the round.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've got iron sights for the rifles but no lean. However unlike BF2 Valve seem to be updating DoD:S quite regularly with new maps and performance tweaks that are gradually making the game better.

To me DoD:S is a game of skill; you need to have good knowledge of the game and it's weapons to be successful. In BF2 you just need to jump in a tank and you're almost guaranteed a top 3 position at the end of the round.

I dont think that is true about the tank. What is so special about DoD:S that you have to learn how to use new rifles? The same can be said about BF2 along the lines of having to learn how to use a new rifle.

I dont think that is true about the tank. What is so special about DoD:S that you have to learn how to use new rifles? The same can be said about BF2 along the lines of having to learn how to use a new rifle.

Have you played DoD:Source? It's fooking solid in the server I play in, I normally have a 1:1 K:D ratio or less. Any higher and I'm doing well. In BF2 I got a K:D ratio of alteast 2.5:1 right from the offset.

It's DEFINATELY not hard to rack up kills in a tank or gunner helicopter. It takes 3 rockets or 2 good ones to kill you and during this time you're kicking ass; its not hard killing people with depleted uranium shells. Add to the fact you can repair, heal and even resurrect people in BF2 when you can't in DoD and there's some major differences in skill and gameplay. There's no easy kills in DoD.

I had a chance to play DOD:S at a friend's casa who raved about it, but frankly its just another deathmatch game. Knowledge of a level and quick reactions are all you need, I prefer something more tactical in my games. That's why I like BF2, when you play as a clan for wins rather than points, its the best online experience I've had (aside from a little tet a tet with a mistress of the night, but kets not speak of that here :P)

Good point about the difference between skill and gameplay I suppose. Although if you get an evenly-matched team it comes down to skill just as much as DOD:S, if you call twitch-sniping a skill (which it is, of course).

haha. now now Gambo, SF isn't thát bad. Yes the nightmaps suck really really bad... did i mention they suck bad? because they do. But maps like Warlord, Ghost Town, Iron Gator and Mass Destruction are really cool. Maybe not a real battlefield like Zatar Wetlands, the new maps are more smalll scaled, but still very nice playing.