The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

Here's a writeup about Heritage.

"The album is about 56 minutes, and in that time a lot happens. There is still a tight feel to it. Things that came to mind: Sabbath, The Beatles, Jazz, King Crimson, Cream, Rainbow, Floyd, funk, Purple, Piirpauke, klasari, My Dying Bride, folk, Love (the band), Jethro Tull, Maiden ... The disc does not have any death metal or growls. The sound is in a 70s style, but not with a 'guitar wall' like you see nowadays. Keyboards, piano and mellotron is featured strongly. In an Intro for example, together with double bass and clarinet." Other bits from the text: Mastered by a guy who's worked with David Bowie and Pink Floyd Those who like the 70's will love this album. The album was played in 5.1 surround sound to the journalists. Mike didn't know this till it happened and would have preferred it in stereo, so would the journalist. He thinks that the first 7 songs were awesome, but the last 3 weren't that interesting.

Here's a writeup about Heritage.

"The album is about 56 minutes, and in that time a lot happens. There is still a tight feel to it. Things that came to mind: Sabbath, The Beatles, Jazz, King Crimson, Cream, Rainbow, Floyd, funk, Purple, Piirpauke, klasari, My Dying Bride, folk, Love (the band), Jethro Tull, Maiden ... The disc does not have any death metal or growls. The sound is in a 70s style, but not with a 'guitar wall' like you see nowadays. Keyboards, piano and mellotron is featured strongly. In an Intro for example, together with double bass and clarinet." Other bits from the text: Mastered by a guy who's worked with David Bowie and Pink Floyd Those who like the 70's will love this album. The album was played in 5.1 surround sound to the journalists. Mike didn't know this till it happened and would have preferred it in stereo, so would the journalist. He thinks that the first 7 songs were awesome, but the last 3 weren't that interesting.

Interesting. I was expecting something like that by the album cover. I wonder when they are going to announce who their new keyboard player is. Bet it's gonna be Dan Swanö (from Edge of Sanity, Nightingale and a few hundred other bands ;)). He worked with Opeth's first two records and him and Åkerfeldt have collaborated in other bands/projects.

Currently listening to King Crimson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfCzhYbWBk

Interesting. I was expecting something like that by the album cover. I wonder when they are going to announce who their new keyboard player is. Bet it's gonna be Dan Swanö (from Edge of Sanity, Nightingale and a few hundred other bands ;)). He worked with Opeth's first two records and him and Åkerfeldt have collaborated in other bands/projects.

I didn't know that Swano played the keyboard. Anyway, Joakim Svalberg is the new keyboarder. He has worked with Yngwie Malmsteen.

I didn't know that Swano played the keyboard. Anyway, Joakim Svalberg is the new keyboarder. He has worked with Yngwie Malmsteen.

Yeah he played the keyboards on his solo album, and on most if not all of the Nightingale albums. His solo album is great. If you haven't heard it, you should totally check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4gVd5WzmzA

Yeah he played the keyboards on his solo album, and on most if not all of the Nightingale albums. His solo album is great. If you haven't heard it, you should totally check it out.

Yeah, I like Moontower. It's a bit synth heavy, but it's still good.