The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

13 minutes ago, Morticia01 said:

I like the song, its very playful. I guess a good live band needs a front woman/-man, who was born for the stage and lives for the interaction with the fans.

Like Arch Enemy 's Alissa in Wacken 2022:

That performance was amazing. Love her metal growl ❤️

edit.: Ah, I see Wacken is far up north of Germany. I always thought its was in the Netherlands. ^^

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Morticia01 said:

I guess a good live band needs a front woman/-man, who was born for the stage and lives for the interaction with the fans.

Yes, I think that's especially true of any band which plays in large venues where you can't see the singer's face clearly.

This said, I am reminded of Johnny Rotten (John Lydon). I used to drive a taxicab in metro Detroit back around 1991. My cab had no shield, and at the time I always wore black leather and long hair, and one day I picked up a guy whom I found out was the manager for Public Image Limited who were in town for a concert at the Fisher Theater. We got to talking, each of us telling stories, and when we arrived, the manager put me on the list to see P.I.L. free that night. I hooked up with a date and went to see them, and John Lydon to this day lingers in my mind as one of the best showmen out of the hundreds of concerts I've seen.

He was not flashy. He didn't bounce around much (though he did use the whole stage). But he seethed with sarcasm. He was incredibly expressive, and I even saw him blow his nose by covering one nostril and spraying snot across the stage at one point (something that struck me as a wonderful idea and a way to save on tissue paper). Johnny Rotten projected his personality, not like he was acting or pretending, but by sheer nature of who he was.

Here's a link to my favorite of his songs, though he's got many. This song was used in the wonderful sci fi film called "Hardware" back in the day. I picked an excerpt from that film for the song. The DJ here is Iggy Pop.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Morticia01 said:

@drsemmel Hmm, has Netherlands a big metal festival? 

Nothing comes to mind (now that it lost Wacken lol)

David Bowie - Cygnet Commitee (my favorite song from my favorite Bowie album)

Spoiler

• Like 2