Dragon Age: Origins

Monolithic0117

Well...I will have to wait for 5-6 months until this game comes to Croatian stores...Ahhhh

Can't you order from somewhere else?

Well...I will have to wait for 5-6 months until this game comes to Croatian stores...Ahhhh

Now that's a real bummer.

Speaking of user-made modules, there's quite a lot in development, and some of them are looking quite interesting.

They can be found in the Projects section of the Social Site.

That's if you can find anything on there, at the moment it's not organised at all.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's a real bummer.

Speaking of user-made modules, there's quite a lot in development, and some of them are looking quite interesting.

They can be found in the Projects section of the Social Site.

wow, that didn't take long.... :blink:

the games good i hear a friend of mine got it for the pc on the release day and has not been seen lol

i tryed to phone him and all i got was (playing Dragon Age Origins get back to you soon ) its been a week lol

Lol love the pc version, still i have bought it for the ps3 aswell, i have what you call a gaming "budget," saving up for this time when all the good games come out. clever ah :biggrin:

Anyways its going to take me awhile to finish it. Any idea how much gameplay is there in dragon age, i heard more then 40hours but i might be wrong.

especially when the mods start to role in :thumbsup:

Dragon age needs a mod manager whose with me :biggrin:

and qarls to step into the dragon age realm, even though there are HD textures but qarls was unique. :smile: , i know this should be in the mod request page, but i'm coming up with ideas all of a sudden, cant help it.

the games good i hear a friend of mine got it for the pc on the release day and has not been seen lol

i tryed to phone him and all i got was (playing Dragon Age Origins get back to you soon ) its been a week lol

The other half is getting fed up with it, "are you playing that bloody thing again" is what I got tonight. :biggrin:

I'm really surprised nobody jumped on my post on the second page and demanded that i cough up an explanation. Problem is, I've been penting up the explanation for a while now, so I have to let it out:

Character design. A class that was destined to become a raging engine of destruction from the very beginning will look, feel and play more like a raging engine of destruction than a class that could become a raging engine of destruction if you invest in certain skills correctly. I have 2 proofs for this.

First, the Diablo series. Go to the wiki. Look at the Warrior class from the first game. That is what we have now in DA. Now go look at the Barbarian class from the second and third games (yes, it's the same guy, despite the 20 years that passed between the games. He's that tough) He's what I'm talking about. Anyone who's played the first two games will probably tell you that the Barbarian is the superior of the two.

Second, D&D. Again, go to the wiki. Look at the Warrior class. The bonus feat system allows a warrior to become one of many possible things, as long as it doesn't involve magic. Look at the Barbarian class. Its skill and feat system allows it to become good at only 3 things: dealing high damage at close range, thriving in the wilderness and generally being difficult to kill. While the classes obviously are balanced, it is clear that someone whose favorite strategy is 'hit it in the face with a very large axe' should pick Barbarian.

Also, think of the ramifications it would have in a interaction based plotline like DA. You're from a backwards, possibly violent culture. You do not follow the social norms that the rest of the players do. When you're at the top of a tower somewhere and a villain walks up to you to say that they're going to screw you over and there's nothing you can do about it because it's totally legal, you'll be the only player who gets the option of picking them up by their feet and dangling them over the edge of the tower until they promise not to screw you over. But you'll probably let them fall anyways, either because they refuse, you decide they can't be trusted or they have the nerve to start threatening to screw you over even more if you don't let them go right now (bad choice of words on their part). While all the other players have to deal with being screwed over by some jerk, you've reduced that jerk to a crimson splatter.

Just think of the possibilities!

Enjoyed it, thought it was good. Cinematic, really pulls you in. Linear, like all Bioware games, so don't expect this to be a Bethsoft killer. Took about two weeks to beat, not bad, some memorable stuff and yeah I'm already anxious for a sequel. It's most reminiscent of Neverwinter Nights, definitely, a bit better looking, slick game, well-polished.

My gripes would include typical Bioware things like linearity, slight skill trees, lack of player housing, lack of player storage without DLC, and a medium-length storyline. Creating a bunch of different character origins was a good move, eventually I'll probably play a few more classes to see the different beginnings, but this is no Morrowind or Oblivion, there's really no need to keep on playing beyond that unless you just want a repeat with only very slightly different outcomes to things.

Graphics are good for this day and age, not amazing. And yeah, it feels somewhat "portish", but we better get used to it, this seems to be the way of things from here on out. With piracy as bad as it is, we're gonna be seeing mostly cross-platform games with that "port" feel on the PC at times. Likewise, the games have been dumbing down further and further, offering click-travel, radar-illuminated quest "hints" and yada yada yada. But get used to that, too, everyone seems to be doing it and RPG purists are just gonna have to wait for someone to develop something for them again. Until then, developers are developing for a huge crowd of people who have been immersed in simple games like WoW.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10, it's a good time. Then it's over.