Alton, Illinois

ElijahHouck

Hiya :)

your mod is looking very nice so far!

Aside from making a positive comment, I'd like to offer my help if you want some model(s) for new weapons.

There are (most of) the things i did so far

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=131996

My texture skills are definitely lacking and i am still learning what blender hast to offer and how to use it properly, but maybe you find something you can/want to use. (In case you're wondering, i build my models to fit ingame, meaning placing of grips, and outlines and try to minimize clipping ;) )

Drop me a line if you're interested :)

As long as you could find someone to do textures (I'm only good at abstract stuff in Photoshop :P ), your modeling skills would definitely be useful!

And for some reason I decided to start working on the credits that'll roll at the end of my mod, even though I'm only halfway through or so. They're turning out pretty good :P .

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not mod yet but this seems like a work of art i really mean art so great just pure smarts

i have no exp at all lol but i want to help i am very imaginitive i could give you some ideas on quests, buildings and anything

i really want to a part of this i am willing to help any spare min i got and i will start modding on xmas

and since you are so good at this will you consider your next big project to be nasa space place and you can go up in space and what-not

and i can be a critic so if you want someone to point out all the parts that need to be tweaked i will lol

i do not mod yet but this seems like a work of art i really mean art so great just pure smarts

i have no exp at all lol but i want to help i am very imaginitive i could give you some ideas on quests, buildings and anything

i really want to a part of this i am willing to help any spare min i got and i will start modding on xmas

and since you are so good at this will you consider your next big project to be nasa space place and you can go up in space and what-not

and i can be a critic so if you want someone to point out all the parts that need to be tweaked i will lol

I'm not really taking much outside help, I'd prefer not to have a team. I do need help thinking of some side quests, and I also need voice actors. PM me and we'll talk about stuff there :) .

Beta testers- you should've gotten a message with the beta! Sorry for the month+ long wait, but I've been having problems lately.

Oh, and I finally fixed my dialogue problems!

EDIT:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/Mr_Cooleo/Thumb9b.png

Here's a screenshot I took today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just remembered I had a topic on the Nexus Forums. For those of you who are a member of F3Underground, you might have been following my topic there. Just so you guys know, this isn't dead. I'm still working on it. I've updated the first page with all the new info, and here's some new screenshots I've posted since then:

Wilderness

More wilderness

Even more wilderness

The second major city

I also made a trailer (watch in 1080p!).

Just wanted to catch everyone up on everything and to let you know I haven't abandoned it.

Wow, I have to say, thats a very nice mod you have going on there. Very nice job, what inspired you?

I was talking some friends of mine about how cool it would be to see a Fallout mod set in Alton, and joking around about making it myself. They basically said, "Yeah, right." I decided to prove them wrong, planning on spending a couple months on it. As I got better at modding and learned scripting, I expanded my goals and wound up with the huge project I have now. By the time it's done, it will have taken over a year to complete :smile: .

Another driving force was other canceled or disappointing large-worldspace mods. Canada (which was a while ago) and some others I won't mention inspired me to keep going and to not give up.

I really hope you guys won't be disappointed. The Main Quest is pretty crazy- there's a huge decision that you make about halfway through that determines what you spend the whole rest of the MQ doing, and who you spend your time with during your stay at Alton. The world is looking to be the biggest in the modding community so far (I don't have a comparison to the Wasteland right now), and there will be a lot of interiors to explore. The main goal is getting it up to Bethesda's standards, without all of their trademark floating rocks :tongue: . Got quite a few good voice actors so far, but I'm always looking for more!