Next Elder Scrolls to be set 200 years later?

wasder

That's precious information your shared wasder, thank you for that. This should be interesting. 200 years. Hmm...there should be some major changes to the game world, posibly a new or more races and like you said far more advanced weapons. I do hope the'll improve the great magic sistem Oblivion had and don't replace it with advancep crap....uh I mean technology. Oh...and they should add more depth to quests and stuff and no damn compass! :P

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

Some gunpowder punk/steampunk genre would be an interesting addition. :) And crossbows!

By the way, I can't find the part that says something about the next ES game.

From the waterstones website:

Synopsis

Four decades after the Oblivion Crisis, Tamriel is threatened anew by an ancient and all-consuming evil. It is Umbriel, a floating city that casts a terrifying shadow - for wherever it falls, people die and rise again. And it is in Umbriel's shadow that a great adventure begins, and a group of unlikely heroes meet. A legendary prince with a secret.

They must have changed it.

Found a book cover image though:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/10/tes.jpg

hum I think honestly it was a typo. The ES games don't have that much of a time span in between games. There is only 3 years in between Morrowind's crisis and Oblivion's and a 20 year span from Daggerfall's to Morrowind's. 200 years would throw it off real bad and honestly, wouldn't make sense. (spoiler kinda here)

There is no emperor and no heir, why would NOTHING happen in 200 years? The provinces are going to take advantage of having no emperor...it will be all out war, IMO

What ever it is, they'd better add more depth to it, as Oblivion was kinda lame after a while.. bigger is not always better.

What was the time difference between Morrowind and Oblivion by the way? I thought it was around 200 years too but I'm not sure...

a guess would be a either a few months or a year later since the dark elves rumor pool speaks about morrowind as if it was news from last week.

:)

Some gunpowder punk/steampunk genre would be an interesting addition. :) And crossbows!

By the way, I can't find the part that says something about the next ES game.

From the waterstones website:

Synopsis

Four decades after the Oblivion Crisis, Tamriel is threatened anew by an ancient and all-consuming evil. It is Umbriel, a floating city that casts a terrifying shadow - for wherever it falls, people die and rise again. And it is in Umbriel's shadow that a great adventure begins, and a group of unlikely heroes meet. A legendary prince with a secret.

They must have changed it.

Found a book cover image though:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/10/tes.jpg

Isn't that also one of the main premises behind WoW, or atleast the events sorrounding the Lich King? Personally, I'd hope that they would do something a bit more interesting than a floating city and an undead army. That kinda thing has already been done to death.