Should I upgrade to 7?

Definitely! win7 is very good for your battery, that's the main reason why I put it on my laptop. The interface/functions/features are awesome on itself, but the save on energy turned me over.

the general thing is that Win7 is what Vista should have been. You can set the amount of annoying prompts yourself and at its default only installing and placing files at secured folders (program files/windows) require permission..Nothing else..If you're computer supports it you could even run a XP-Mode, although I didn't need to use it at all as the compatibility is improved a lot and programs/games that didn't work in Vista do work in 7. As for any reason not to do it..it's like any OS a new one and may have it's child-problems although I didn't encounter one yet (on my laptop).

Definitely! win7 is very good for your battery, that's the main reason why I put it on my laptop. The interface/functions/features are awesome on itself, but the save on energy turned me over.

the general thing is that Win7 is what Vista should have been. You can set the amount of annoying prompts yourself and at its default only installing and placing files at secured folders (program files/windows) require permission..Nothing else..If you're computer supports it you could even run a XP-Mode, although I didn't need to use it at all as the compatibility is improved a lot and programs/games that didn't work in Vista do work in 7. As for any reason not to do it..it's like any OS a new one and may have it's child-problems although I didn't encounter one yet (on my laptop).

my laptop is doesn't have a very good performance, will win7 have a huge effect on how many programs can i run?

Which Acer do you have? You definitely need the 1gb requirement. PCs will run 7 with less(512mb), but quite slow...Having 2gb Ram on any system will always allow you to run 3 or three heavy programs at a time without a loss of performance. (Like Oblivion/CS/Photoshop at the same time with a browser and a few documents) 1Gb should suffice too however, I could run vista smoothly with it on another laptop with the same thing, 7 should run about the same.

Which Acer do you have? You definitely need the 1gb requirement. PCs will run 7 with less(512mb), but quite slow...Having 2gb Ram on any system will always allow you to run 3 or three heavy programs at a time without a loss of performance. (Like Oblivion/CS/Photoshop at the same time with a browser and a few documents) 1Gb should suffice too however, I could run vista smoothly with it on another laptop with the same thing, 7 should run about the same.

Okay good i have 1 gig but i don't really need a lot of performance because I only use it for internet, and msn. Thanks