⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

A New Daedric Prince

zprospero

haha pwned. Love the death by 200 books. :biggrin: That idea was genius.

Lol I'm just picturing asking Haskill for Sheogorath's Blessing:

YOU: I need Sheogorath's blessing for Ealdor.

HASKILL: Ah, so you are asking me to give you your own blessing.

YOU: <say nothing>

HASKILL: I assume this is another of those 'Prince of Madness' moments, *sarcasm* how fortunate for me...

YOU: So, can I?

HASKILL: You've really adapted to your role as the Prince of Madness, I see. Very well, you have your blessing.

YOU: Thank you, Haskill.

HASKILL: *sarcasm* Oh, trust me, the pleasure was all mine.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, I assume you mean my Dremora voice?

Would anyone find it too dull to have the puzzle in Apocrypha be a version of

the 'Knights and Knaves' logic puzzle? This link will remind you of what it is.

http://xkcd.com/246/

I thought to add some difficulty we have a truth teller, a liar, and a random

truth/lie teller. In order to survive you have to figure out which one speaks

randomly. Each door will lead to a very small dungeon only one of which will

not obliterate you in some fantastic manner.

By Haskill's presence in SI, I think we can assume that all Daedric Princes have a steward or herald of some kind.

Since I find Hermaeus Mora's voice quite difficult, I think we should give him a steward to administer the test. He's similar

to Haskill in that he dislikes you, but is more direct about it. His name will be Pallas, a reference to Pallas-Athena.

I have to call dibs on his voice too.

The dialogue would go a little like this:

(Pallas) Took you long enough.

Who are you?

(Pallas) I'm His steward, of course.

Whose?

(Pallas) Idiot... Lord Hermaeus Mora, of course. This is His realm. I am not Him. I am not a ghost. Therefore I must be His steward. Did you not notice the implied capital 'H?' When I say His, I, of course, mean my Lord. When I say his, I course, mean the particular gender specific entity I am referencing.

Okay... I'm looking for...

(Pallas) I know what you're looking for! I am the Steward of the god of knowledge... Twit. My Lord has given me this... revolting... mortal form to administer a test to you. I would like to get this over with quickly. How you mortals can stand the constant sloshing of your bloated fluid filled carcasses is beyond even me.

What's the test?

(Pallas) Behind this shrine are three iron gates and each are guarded by one of my Lord's minions. One speaks only the truth, one speaks only lies, and the third, who guards the gate that will lead you to your goal, is the embodiment of mortal fallacy in that he only sometimes speaks the truth, only sometimes does he lie, and sometimes his truths or lies are only half so. You are permitted to ask each one question only. When you are done return to me and tell which door you want the key to.

And then?

(Pallas) When you fail, I truly hope my Lord will allow me to dissect your brain so I can discover where such stunning ignorance originates. You go through the portal, of course. Be warned, my Lord does not suffer fools, he makes them suffer. Each portal sends you to the same piece of my Lord's realm. Your choice here only dictates what you will find in that piece. If you have chosen correctly you will recieve the final piece of knowledge, it will be sealed so your insipid mortal curiosity does not destroy you. Unlike the others books here, you will be allowed to touch it without becoming the property of my Lord. If you fail the book you retrieve will give you only the knowledge of obliteration. The unwanted and troublesome creatures of my Lord's realm will guard the book with their lives. It should be very informative to watch you die. I've always wondered how long a mortal would survive if you turned them inside out. I'd assume the bleeding would kill you first, but if the circulatory system remained intact, then... Hmm...

(You return after having asked your three questions.)

(Pallas) The internal organs would be irreparably damage when exposed to the air, so...

Oh, you're back. Well, which gate do you want the key to?

(You answer.)

(Pallas) Here you are. Now, run along, and if I'm lucky

I'll see your corpse on my dissection table.

If you want to listen to my reading of this:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/23476338/d8d1a9...st_Samples.html

I have finished the Apocrypha Puzzle, I think it's pretty hard so the dungeons VERY small.

It does have three strong leveled monsters though.

If you choose the right door, you get the book and are transported back to the starting

point so you can finish the quest. If you choose wrong... well... it's a great view.

Apocrypha is now 100% complete.

The storyline for the quest goes like this Divayth Fyr wants the secret of the disappearance

of the dwarves and Ealdor needs more information on the Heart of Lorkhan. They open the

portal, you enter Apocrypha and they close the portal behind you.

You meet an Orc named Arkon who has read every book in Apocrypha save for one. That

one book is guarded by the puzzle and monsters. He thinks that if he's read every book he

might be able to bargain with Hermaeus Mora. You meet Pallas, who insults you and give you

the key to the three doors behind him.

You ask each the one question and they destroy themselves (Traven's Immolate Spell) afterward.

You make a guess (it's pretty hard unless you're lucky) and then go to the mini dungeon. There is

no lighting here, but there is a container (In Apocrypha's main hall) which has night-eye and light potions.

If you miss it and have no spells or torches you have to fight three very powerful monsters (two of which

are summoners) completely blind. There are also 2 traps that, hopefully, you'll use to your advantage.

There are also 5 easter eggs in Apocrypha that will make quick work of the monsters, but you won't want to

give them up.

If you succeed, you will get the book and return to where you started, so you can give the book to Arkon, who gives

you two notes to take to Divayth and Ealdor (Which can only be read by them, they appear blank to you), at which

point Ealdor and Divayth will reopen the portal.

If you fail, you get transported back to the tower... kind of...

I've been quite busy on this.

Remember that Sotha Sil mask I mentioned?

http://www.4shared.com/file/154404051/61b2.../Sotha_Sil.html

It's using a placeholder texture and normal map. The light also doesn't

really affect it. I could really use a skilled texturer to help me finish it off.

Also, there are no eyes because it's a shell. Sotha Sil cannot leave his main dome,

with the wires and all, so he sends an automaton wearing a copy of his face-mask.

He speaks through it as though it were an ordinary NPC. No lip synch needed either.