After playing Fallout 3

Harabec Weathers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I know, even the graphics...it's scaring me. The thing that makes me the most mad about it all is no more ninja looting and no items or exp unless you kill something, sounds like WoW to me. What they should do is just make D3 just like D2...but we all know they won't do that. :(

I've already lost hope for PC gaming as how they have been putting out a large amount of crap lately. Remember when Fallout 3 first came out? All those bugs? How in the heck did that get past testing? My grandma bought The Sims 3 when it came out and that game is riddled with so many bugs, especially the nasty memory leak. I mean really, what's been up lately? Corrupted patches? Corrupted DLCs? WTF. haha Is this the way they are combating piracy, make the game junky to begin with so nobody will pirate it? I don't know, but it's been ticking me off lately.

Haha yea pretty much it seems lol. Like I said I dont hold much expectation for PC gaming anymore. Even with all seven of the patches I get rampant CTDs with Fallout 3. I could be running around, CRASH! Shoot someone, CRASH! Exit a buidling, CRASH!

Lol its almost funny haha

It didn't help that the the patches seem to be more about setting the game up for the DLC than patching the game

Haha yea pretty much it seems lol. Like I said I dont hold much expectation for PC gaming anymore. Even with all seven of the patches I get rampant CTDs with Fallout 3. I could be running around, CRASH! Shoot someone, CRASH! Exit a buidling, CRASH!

Lol its almost funny haha

It didn't help that the the patches seem to be more about setting the game up for the DLC than patching the game

Yea that too. Whenever I download a patch for anygame I like to read the channel log to see what the patch fixes and adjusts. Just curious about it all I guess lol. But I noticed the channel logs on Beths website for fallout 3 only say that it added acheivements. Bit freakin whoop lol.

I guess having a channel log with nothing in it is how they do things there or something lol.

What they should do is just make D3 just like D2...but we all know they won't do that.

And some of us will be very glad indeed. Please, please let D3 not just be D2.5. Let it be a worthy successor to the Diablo name. I literally thought oh please god no when I read the first half of that sentence.

Diablo-like clone...but it's like playing a stupid cartoon

Funny, that's how I feel about D2.

I find it vaguely amusing that I feel the same way about Diablo 1 vs Diablo 2 as you guys seem to feel about Fallout 1/2 vs Fallout 3., and yet you like Diablo 2 and consider it an improvement upon the original, whereas I hate it. I like Fallout 3, and consider it more enjoyable than Fallout 1/2. Both are dumbed down from their heritage (I'll concede that about Fallout 3), yet get diametrically opposite reactions.

Im still skeptical on Diablo 3, much of the actual game fotage Ive seen resembles WoW, and if it does become exactly that, then I will lost all hope for PC gaming entirely.

To be honest, WoW took quite a few concepts from Diablo, so it won't be wholly surprising if there are still some similarities today.

As I was playing Fallout3 some months ago, I realized I kept playing only so I can admire the views and see all that's on the map. I stopped playing the game at that point.

As I was playing Fallout3 some months ago, I realized I kept playing only so I can admire the views and see all that's on the map. I stopped playing the game at that point.

Hahaha aye we've both hit the same wall in fallout haha.

When I play I play like 15 minutes, and then I get bored.

Been everywhere and done everything lol.