How is ESO so far?

Dahveed

I do plan on buying this, but as with most games, and especially with Bethesda and MMOs - I usually wait it out a while for patches, bug fixes, reviews etc before sinking any of my time and money into it.

Is ESO stable so far? Buggy? Servers not lagging? Is the game balanced? etc.

I want to get the opinion of Skyrim players, because I love this game and I figure if people here endorse it then it's worth paying for.

Any general opinions are welcome and appreciated, thanks!

i would wait a few more months till the game goes F2P

ther'e is a reason why there are tons of negative views on ESO on the internet

not because it is a bad game , it is even well made , but because the whole game concept is so generic and could be any generic fantasy world

Edited by kleinstaff

not because it is a bad game , it is even well made , but because the whole game concept is so generic and could be any generic fantasy world

While i agree that it's generic (for the most part... some of the art decisions are actually rather good) if you're a fan of TES lore, it's worth at least checking out. It contains far fewer contradictions than i originally expected, and with the exception of Cyrodiil still being an overly boring, generic Sherwood Forest (instead of a jungle populated by tribal Byzantines) i've yet to encounter anything that actually breaks lore.

It's also nice to get back to Morrowind while you wait for Skywind :D

As for bugs, balance and lag... I've not experienced any problems. Templar with bows tend to be a little on the strong side, but not any worse than Mages in WoW.

Edited by Lachdonin

Ummm...why would you need the opinion of Skyrim players since we play Skyrim, not ESO?

Nexus' ESO forums: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?c=1687,1688,1689,1690

Thanks for the link.

To answer your question.... Really? Are you really THAT short sighted? You cannot fathom that a human being could play two video games at once?

Right now I'm still playing Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Starcraft 2, Bioshock Infinite, and Tetris. I'm probably missing some.

I have never seen such ignorant opinions. There are at least three other topics about ESO here but Skyrim players can't talk about them because they only play Skyrim? Wow.

Actually, a lot of reviewers have been praising the game but critics ing the fee. It's a decent game, definatly not a WoW knockoff nor Skyrim with friends, and has a few core elements that set it our from other games.

Edited by TaeRai

I have never seen such ignorant opinions. There are at least three other topics about ESO here but Skyrim players can't talk about them because they only play Skyrim? Wow.

Actually, a lot of reviewers have been praising the game but critics ing the fee. It's a decent game, definatly not a WoW knockoff nor Skyrim with friends, and has a few core elements that set it our from other games.

it will always stay a WoW clone in the end the results are the same you grind quests , get new gear and level uo , yiu keep repeating this till you get bored out of your mind or reach level cap whatever comes first

and the fact that somebody at zenimax had a brainfart and decided that this game should be doable solo and there shall be locked faction lands pretty much kill any rpg immersion

what incentives are there to group together to solve a quest

why can't i enter that part of the map on my own risk, developers can avoid griefing with a pretty simple solution

all these things makes me think people at zenimax took the easiest and cheapest way out

Edited by kleinstaff

it will always stay a WoW clone in the end the results are the same you grind quests , get new gear and level uo , yiu keep repeating this till you get bored out of your mind or reach level cap whatever comes first

and the fact that somebody at zenimax had a brainfart and decided that this game should be doable solo and there shall be locked faction lands pretty much kill any rpg immersion

what incentives are there to group together to solve a quest

why can't i enter that part of the map on my own risk, developers can avoid griefing with a pretty simple solution

all these things makes me think people at zenimax took the easiest and cheapest way out

Why is it a Wow clone? You claim so but provide no proof. Is it because it's a MMO RPG where you adventure and do quests? Because if so, WoW didn't do it first. *shocked gasp*

Explain further? It's perfectly doable solo, I only teamed up with friends once during the beta. You just gotta be cautious and have the right gear.

To play together, explore, have fun and be social with friends? To share rewards?

Because it's an MMO. You're meant to play with people.

Honestly, if you hate it so much, don't play it.