I looked up the specifications for your laptop and found that it is a very nice bargain laptop that is capable of performing basic tasks (this is a quote from Toshiba, not mine). It also uses an integrated Intel HD GPU, which is known to not be able to render the graphics in Fallout3. You were lucky to get the base game running. There is a work around available on the Nexus that will trick the game into using your onboard GPU. I do not recommend using it. Since you stated that you could play just the base game, you should start with a new installation of the game and try to add mods one at a time, checking in the game after you add each one to ensure that the game will run.

M48A5, I actually upgraded my laptop a bit from the factory standard, but I will admit that it isn't built to run Crysis 3 by any means. I actually got it working now...mostly. I had to install all of the mods by hand and used BOSS auto sort. It crashed as I was exiting the vault, but that happened before. If my guess is right, I should be able to load the game outside of the vault. The real test will be seeing if, provided I can get the game to load outside of the vault, I can get out of Springvale without a CTD.

Also, what was that workaround you mentioned? If it's the edits to the .ini file, I already did that.

Edited by Walkerx2

Hey I was trying to install the Megaton storage shack mod manually. So I downloaded it then extracted the files to my desk top and then put them in the Bethesda Softworks => Data Folder and then I started Fallout 3 went to data files and could not find my mod that I had just installed? What do I do? Sorry I'm a complete noob at modding; I tried looking at youtube videos but they don't seem to work. Can someone PLEASE give me some detailed step by step instructions or a link to a tutorial video. Thanks in advance. :nuke: :smile: :yes:

Dont know if this will help or not...

I run FOMM and have for quite a while. I recommend using the BOSS autosort feature that it comes with and also recommend getting FO3Edit and running that as well and creating a merged patch.

Generally CTD is some type of conflict and I have found that running BOSS, and getting its recommendation, then running FO3Edit and fixing what it tells me too: i.e. Warning: CASM.esp must be loaded before MOD3.esp!

I make the changes, run these a few times, turn off archive invalidation and turn it back on. Then see what happens, more often than not it works.

I have not used the nexus mod manager, although I hear it is a great tool. But if it has those features you should use them.

Hey I was trying to install the Megaton storage shack mod manually. So I downloaded it then extracted the files to my desk top and then put them in the Bethesda Softworks => Data Folder and then I started Fallout 3 went to data files and could not find my mod that I had just installed? What do I do? Sorry I'm a complete noob at modding; I tried looking at youtube videos but they don't seem to work. Can someone PLEASE give me some detailed step by step instructions or a link to a tutorial video. Thanks in advance. :nuke: :smile: :yes:

I will give you the best help I can with loading mods.

Start here: Bethesda Softworks\Fallout3\Data

Inside this folder you (generally) should put the following files from the mod

Mod1.esm

Mod1.esp

If the mod has other folders you would place them here as well. But make sure that the folders you are putting in are these

Textures

Meshes

Sound

In some cases when a file is zipped (compressed to make it smaller) it will have several sub folders under the zipped folder like

Data\data\data\

mod1.esp

textures

meshes

So if you extracted the zip file to your desktop it would be:

Data\Data\Data

Mod1.esp

textures

meshes

Fallout will not register this within its own data folder and the mod will not function.

it MUST have at a minimum:

an .esp file (.esp - elder scrolls plugin)

or an .esm file (.esm - elder scrolls master)

NOTE: always load a mod .esm file before .esp file

if the mod has textures or meshes folder they must also be in the data folder

Data\Textures

Data\Meshes

Just copy those folders to the data directory and select "yes" when it asks you if you want to merge them.

Sometimes, the mod will have a .bsa file

the .bsa files contain the textures, meshes, sound etc... for the mod... which would be required to have in the data folder as well.

Hope this helps and was not too confusing...

Wow, forgot I put this up. Update: I got Fallout 3 to work pretty well. The only problem now seems to be the fact that, for some reason, the game crashes every time I try to enter Underworld. Strangely enough, this only started happening after I finished the quest with Reily's Rangers.