Giant exclamation mark

Austin26

Okay, I've recently grown bored (a real shocker right?) Anyway... I've looked into a lot of the mods that are available and they seem pretty cool! So I got the FOMM and all that jazz... but like when I load a weapon It shows up in the game as I gaint Opaque exclamation mark. I looked through the FAQ's and didn't see anything.

Is there anyone who's run into this problem before? Find out how to fix it and if so would you share with me on this fix?

I'm sure my problem has something to do with the fact I've never done this before and I'm probably missing something blatantly obvious, but even so... could anyone help me?

It's a missing texture, yeah? Where does the ! box appear, specifically?

Yah that would be it, inside a box. But if its a missing texture... what do I do? I mean I can gather that I get the texture from the file that I downloaded but where do I put it?

CyberWeasel is right, you probably placed some mod structure wrong.. I mean, something like another /data inside the actual /data or something in the line.

most mods are meant to be unpacked inside the /data but a few goes directly inside the game root directory. These last have a /data as the root folder (inside the 7z file) and the solution in this case is ease, you just need to 'cut' and 'paste' the internal /data directly in the install game folder (as called as game root directory).

If not you should inspect the /data/textures and /data/meshes for something like it. Or read each mod documentation because some may have special choices to be made or special locations to be placed.

PS: that last recommendation you should follow every time you install a mod.

Let me elaborate, yeah?

1. Where does the ! box appear, specifically?

2. What mod are you using that's causing this?

3. What do the mod's instructions say?

Instructions can be found either in the mod's description on the Fallout 3 Nexus or in the readme usually supplied with the mod's file.

One is this mod http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=836

Another is this one http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6829

They both appear in my hand when I pull them out, the exclamation moves with me. Sounds do not work either.

And this is your first time doing it? Did you extract the files to the Meshes and Textures folders?

Well like I said when I first made this post, It was in fact something blatantly obvious. I put the file in but I didn't think to put the folders in as well. I'd figured all of that was in the one file. Guess I deserve to look like a monkey after that blunder lol. I got it to work now, thank you for helping me see what needed to be fixed. Are things like quests and armor and NPC's about the same things?

Okay, I've recently grown bored (a real shocker right?) Anyway... I've looked into a lot of the mods that are available and they seem pretty cool! So I got the FOMM and all that jazz... but like when I load a weapon It shows up in the game as I gaint Opaque exclamation mark. I looked through the FAQ's and didn't see anything.

Is there anyone who's run into this problem before? Find out how to fix it and if so would you share with me on this fix?

I'm sure my problem has something to do with the fact I've never done this before and I'm probably missing something blatantly obvious, but even so... could anyone help me?

Check this (link)- How to install mods