Creation kit, how do you link two quest by properties?

Kurzusseus

I'm trying to link 1 quest to another. By means of when you complete quest A, quest B is started immediately.

My problem is that upon completing quest A quest B refuses to start even though "Next Quest" is set to quest B

upon completion of Quest A.

I looked at the Main questline and seen these scripts

MQ103.setstage(5)

MQ103.SetActive()

but when I try to do the same to my quest, the compiling fails.

I know I'm supposed to do somehting with script properties

so what is it I have to do in order for WARMQ100 to link with WARMQ110?

Edited by FalloutZaxus

You need to add a quest property to the fragment in question on the first quest and fill it with the second quest. There should be a properties button which when pressed should open the current properties in a new window. There should be an 'add property' button. Press that and add the appropriate type of property.

I'm not sure if you need to write the script lines first or add the property first, but either way I'm pretty certain that the script must exist before the properties window will appear.

Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you! It worked like a charm!!!

That bit had been irritating me for awhile and I knew I had to link quest properties but I was trying by script

not the fragment.

Your like a dictionary of answers, thank you so much again! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Alright so I've tried it the way above several times and with different tweaks, but still nothing is working. I have been pulling my hair out for three days trying to get this damned thing to work correctly. All I want is quest 1 to activate quest 2 upon completion. I finally got it to work ONCE last night with this method, but today I came back and it magically wont work. What the heck is going on?!

I need some help with this because nothing anyone suggests seems to be working and no code I can find makes any difference.

Alright so I've tried it the way above several times and with different tweaks, but still nothing is working. I have been pulling my hair out for three days trying to get this damned thing to work correctly. All I want is quest 1 to activate quest 2 upon completion. I finally got it to work ONCE last night with this method, but today I came back and it magically wont work. What the heck is going on?!

I need some help with this because nothing anyone suggests seems to be working and no code I can find makes any difference.

Please show the script.

Quest attached to the last stage of 1st quest is:

SetObjectiveCompleted(20)
Alias_Jesha.GetReference().AddItem(Alias_Sword.GetReference())
Game.GetPlayer().AddItem(Gold001, 250)
LOTJeshasRevenge.SetStage(10)
LOTJeshasRevenge.SetActive()
This produces zero results from the activate portions.

Quest attached to the last stage of 1st quest is:

SetObjectiveCompleted(20)
Alias_Jesha.GetReference().AddItem(Alias_Sword.GetReference())
Game.GetPlayer().AddItem(Gold001, 250)
LOTJeshasRevenge.SetStage(10)
LOTJeshasRevenge.SetActive()
This produces zero results from the activate portions.

Make sure your properties are filled correctly.

Yes all SEQ's were generated. I've done all the routine things here and it is still busted. I'm debating tearing the whole quest series down and restarting. Just frustrating. If there is anything else that might be wrong lemme know