Red Faction: Guerrilla

LHammonds

I recently purchased this XBOX 360 game and found it somewhat cathartic while destroying just about every brick I come across.

It was hard to stop once I started and even though some of the missions tend to be the same thing over and over again, it was still fun to rampage through them...especially when riding shotgun on a trike with a rocket launcher and laying waste to the countryside!

Game Trailer

Gameplay

Blowing stuff up is always fun.
And this game does it in spades! There are many ways to lay waste to buildings but my favorite is doing it in such a way that a taller one will fall upon another! You can blow out the entire base of a tower and it will crumble straight down or blow out all but one side and it will fall in the direction you'd expect. Great fun! :D

Of all the weapons I've run across in the game so far, I personally enjoy one of the first ones you get...the Remote Charge.

LHammonds

Love this game. Love, love, love, love, love this game. I was an avid player of the very first one, but I was disappointed by the second. I was kinda scared to buy this fearing that it was gonna be like the second, but seeing the changes they did, I was very impressed. Open world elements with that same destructive signature they used in the first. But when I learned that "dead" buildings don't respawn, I created a new save, got all the way to Eos without destroying much(very hard to do when you can't seem to help yourself) then saved, and just went crazy. XD Now I have an entire world of fresh buildings to dispose of when I feel the need to break stuff. ;p

• 3 weeks later...
I love this game, I was slightly worried it was going to be a bad port as it comes from the same people responsible for Saints Row 2 but it runs really well. It gets a little silly at the end when your faced with tanks and all sorts and have to rely on luck to get through but other than that it was great.

It gets a little silly at the end when your faced with tanks and all sorts and have to rely on luck to get through but other than that it was great.
Huh? That's the fun part!!! I always carried the Arc gun for that very reason. Whenever a tank shows up, I head straight for it and fry the driver and then jump in to steal it. I then pwn everyone. Once my tanks health starts to get low, I look for another tank to show up, jump out and fry that driver with the arc gun, rinse, lather, repeat. I can keep this up until I run out of arc ammo...which is why I found it important to invest in the ammo upgrades for this gun. ;)

I also found out that you can repair your tank by starting any of the demolition quests and once they start, simply run out of bounds to end the quest and your busted tank that you showed up with is now magically repaired!

LHammonds

Fun tip: If you get yourself an orange alert or higher in eos, sometimes they send units with nasty little weapons called the rail gun. Only the best damn weapon in the whole game! You can kill the driver of a vehicle with it and do minimal damage to the vehicle itself.

Fun tip #2: if you get a red alert, and survive long enough, the EDF send big nasty tanks at you that when secondary fire is activated, it can level any building in a matter of seconds. Now. With said rail gun, kill the driver, commandeer the tank, and get to a safe house to eliminate alert. Now, you have a green alert, a super duper ultra mega fire power, and mountains of armor at your discretion. Have fun. >:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbn9u0cf4m4