Animated hair with physics

ancalimonungol

Anyway - animated hair will be worser thing than normal, static. Fallout 3 uses old phisics system - Havok. Only thing possible for hair is making hair as ragdoll conected to characters head with few variations. It would take much much time, to make one, very thin line and connect it one by one with skeleton in right place.

Mostly any game that uses particles for hair has physics. But unfortunately FO3 and TES4 use solid meshes. Even then if I'm to understand correctly you could have havok effect those meshes but not when attached to the player.

yup havok is disabled on live actors.

particle hair eh? hmmm, do you know of any example games the use that system. I am guessing, but the hair probably isn't collideing with anything, probably just attched to a node, maybe space warps and deflectors. < I'm 98% certain you can do stuff with those in F3 and oblivion. If you can give me an example of some games, maybe I can do some research and see how its done.

I know CGI movies use them and i believe Resident Evil 4 uses them its been so long since I've played... Ive also seen some tutorials on them but mostly for blender. Here's the tutorial i learned off of
but it uses soft bodies as well... forgot to mention...