CTD when Saving.

Highwayman300

Recently, i been experiencing issues with Skyrim crashing to desktop (Forcefully quitting) when saving, this includes regular new saves, overwriting saves, and auto saves (Rarely with autosaves, incredibly frequent with normal hard saves).

This problem has persisted trough the entire game, and i know it is a mod that is causing the issue, but i am unable to decide witch mod is causing it.

I have not uninstalled any mod, and have cleaned my save several times. Also, this is not a CTD related to RAM issues or similar problems.

Here is my load order (Sorted by BOSS, and arranged manually to avoid some conflicts with recent mods that BOSS do not recognize)

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
ApachiiHairMales.esm=1
Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes.esm=1
JSwords.esm=1
moonpath.esm=1
Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
CombatMusicFix.esp=1
Supreme Fog.esp=1
Immersive Sounds - Aural Assortment.esp=1
Immersive Sounds - Magic.esp=1
ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp=1
Ars Metallica.esp=1
AV1Dragon_Lords.esp=1
ExpandedJewelryCrafting.esp=1
FISS.esp=1
Immersive Mercenaries.esp=1
Immersive Patrols.esp=1
Immersive Travelers.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
TakeNotes.esp=1
ADTrueflame.esp=1
RingsOfPower.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
Duelist-Longcoat.esp=1
Ghosu - Project Flintlock.esp=1
Ghosu - Project Flintlock - Ammo Addon.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Dr_Bandolier.esp=1
IndividualizedShoutCooldowns.esp=1
DeadlyDragons.esp=1
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp=1
moonpath_questdata.esp=1
RiverwoodHuntingCabin.esp=1
Masters of Death.esp=1
armored-horses.esp=1
DawnguardDawnbreaker_HolyFireEd.esp=1
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
HelmetToggle2.02b.esp=1
SoS - The Dungeons.esp=1
SoS - The Wilds.esp=1
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp=1
Balanced_Magic.esp=1
Phenderix's Magic Evolved.esp=1
SwordDance.esp=1
UBW.esp=1
ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp=1
Enchanting Freedom.esp=1
UltimateCombat.esp=1
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp=1
TKcombat.esp=1
ArcheryDummyXP.esp=1
MorePP.esp=1
FastSit.esp=1
Sneak Tools.esp=1
Animated Enchantments.esp=1
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp=1
chfshPlayerVoicesets.esp=1
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp=1
Feminine Females.esp=1
CerwidenCompanion.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
Animated Weapon Enchants.esp=1
Purewaters.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1
I would appreciate any help with this issue :)

eh not sure if this will help ya but in my case was heavy script issue so i made my skyrim more stable by adding this in skyrim.ini:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=20.0
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=20.0
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=153600
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
bEnableProfiling=0

and limiting fps to 45 , i use enbboost to limit that though...

may or may not work for you , could be a mod incompability but you have some mods i domt know so cant tell...

eh not sure if this will help ya but in my case was heavy script issue so i made my skyrim more stable by adding this in skyrim.ini:

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=20.0

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=20.0

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0

iMinMemoryPageSize=256

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=153600

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

bEnableProfiling=0

and limiting fps to 45 , i use enbboost to limit that though...

may or may not work for you , could be a mod incompability but you have some mods i domt know so cant tell...

Alright, scripts causing trouble certainly didn't crossed my mind, so i will give it a try.

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

I'd recommended using these settings. Over tweaking Papyrus can lead to more misery.

---

As for your save problem try deactivating all mods, start a new game and try saving (using alternate start to skip the Helgen tutorial is advised)

Make sure you have the correct SoS patches etc, this mod is notorious for breaking things.

Edited by vlaka

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

I'd recommended using these settings. Over tweaking Papyrus can lead to more misery.

---

As for your save problem try deactivating all mods, start a new game and try saving (using alternate start to skip the Helgen tutorial is advised)

Make sure you have the correct SoS patches etc, this mod is notorious for breaking things.

The problem is not present in vanilla skyrim. Making a new game still shows the issue later, so it is not a corrupted / bloated save either.

On a side note, it does not happens immediately, it appears that the saving issue starts happening only after playing skyrim for some time. (Around 30-70 mins) Crashing or simply quitting the game normally seems to "reset" this "timer"

To be thorough i'd play a 'vanilla' skyrim for an extended time and see if the problem happens. No mods, no edited ini's, nothing.

One or some of your mods are causing this.

What are your system specs?

That is exactly what i meant with vanilla skyrim, absolutely nothing but a completely fresh skyrim from steam and its dlc. The problem does not exist without mods.

My specs are:

AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon HD graphics 2.70 GHz

RAM: 8.0 gb, (7.47 usable)

64- Bit System

I am currently running enb boost, SKSE and SSME for frame rate issues.

And herin lies your problem....

The AMD A6-4400M is a mobile dual-core processor based on the Trinity architecture. Officially introduced in Q2 2012, it is the direct successor to the Llano A-series of APUs (Accelerated Processing Unit). The processing unit is manufactured in 32nm SOI and integrates a 2.7 GHz CPU (up to 3.2 GHz w/ Turbo Core) with a Radeon HD 7520G GPU alongside a dual-channel memory controller, video de- and encoders and a northbridge.
The CPU cores are based on a reworked Bulldozer architecture, called Piledriver. Although marketed as a dual-core processor, the A6-4400M includes only one module with two integer-cores and one floating-point core. As a result, the CPU is not a true dual-core processor.

Skyrim really needs 4 cores if modding heavy. this is not even a True duel core....Sorry...

And herin lies your problem....

The AMD A6-4400M is a mobile dual-core processor based on the Trinity architecture. Officially introduced in Q2 2012, it is the direct successor to the Llano A-series of APUs (Accelerated Processing Unit). The processing unit is manufactured in 32nm SOI and integrates a 2.7 GHz CPU (up to 3.2 GHz w/ Turbo Core) with a Radeon HD 7520G GPU alongside a dual-channel memory controller, video de- and encoders and a northbridge.
The CPU cores are based on a reworked Bulldozer architecture, called Piledriver. Although marketed as a dual-core processor, the A6-4400M includes only one module with two integer-cores and one floating-point core. As a result, the CPU is not a true dual-core processor.

Skyrim really needs 4 cores if modding heavy. this is not even a True duel core....Sorry...

Still, does not explain the issue of crashing on saving, specially when i am running fewer mods now than before (Used to run 140) without crashes.