Creating Roleplaying Homes via CK - What Do YOU Want?

Svadas

Title says it all, really. I am embarking on an adventure that will take no more than a week, that will involve the creation and implementation of several (at least) player homes. They will be lore-friendly, definitely. Suggest what you want here, and I will add it, if I can.

Edit: I intend to do this with vanilla Skyrim, before embarking on extra optional content for official DLC. I will do EVERYTHING suggested if I can, and it SHOULD be within a week. For the start, I simply want to see what the community wants, to start adding structures in-game. Already, I have plans for...

- A (working) lumber mill and house,

- A blacksmith's abode,

- An alchemist's home and garden,

- A fort,

- A farm,

So... Unless you suggest anything, you'll only be getting five buildings, so... Get suggesting ;)

Edited by Svadas

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see a vigilante's hide-out, personally. A small, discreete, underground area with a prominently displayed mannequin (for the costume, obviously) and space for a single weapon next to it - but any weapon, not a plaque limited to a specific kind of weapon. Also some sort of interface that could give the current status of each hold based on which quests have been completed/which factions have been joined. For example, maybe a map marked with red flags for "problem" locations in a hold - basically problems that hold guards would tell you about while you're walking past; so you'd have a red flag at or near Brittleshin Pass, because travellers have been disappearing in the area. You activate the flag, it updates your map, and you go check it out. When you clear the relevant dungeon, the flag turns blue back at base. And it could update as you move around Skyrim, too. So maybe it's blank when you first arrive, but when a guard or inkeeper tells you about Aventus Aretino performing the Black Sacrament, a flag shows up on the map back at base when your quest log is updated.

Even if it were placed in a hidden below an existing home, with a discreet/disguised entrance leading outside the city, it would still be pretty fantastic. Though the more I expand on the idea in my head the more I think it's beyond the scope of a basic player home. >_>

I would rather avoid quests, and abusing the xmarkerheading stuff-things for things like that to happen. However, I'd be quite happy to create a cave somewhere that has the Black Sacrament set up in, as well as a journal, of course... Maybe warnings about the cave, written on notes, but are all stashed some place else, perhaps. But yes... I can certainly include a Black Sacrament set up somewhere, so if you tell me where you want it... Will do it.

Regarding the brand new tower post, I could potentially do a tower if it's simple enough to copy the interior and exterior, and to then redecorate. Not too skilled, but... We all have to improve somehow, right?

The orb matter may be... Difficult. Depends if I can change any object into a cell-door, in which case Meridia's Beacon gets a use :tongue:

Regardless, the mill is done. After the next four are done, will put that on the Nexus, with all requested homes as simple optional files... Which aren't actually optional, I suppose.. Right :D

Edit: Before I start on the fort... Any suggestions as of which to copy the interior and exterior of?

Edit 2: Fort*

Edited by Svadas

Yeah, the orb did sound like it would be a challenge to implement. Still, I quite like the aesthetic value of having a magic teleporting Eye of Magnus in the middle of your entrance Hall!

Edited by Issa 5