Mech Warrior games

Harabec Weathers

every once in a while I do find myself playing Mechwarrior (1) & I still love playing my Mechwarrior 2 mercenaries. the mechcommander series was aweome, loved the Earth-Starsiege games as well as the heavy gear & the Earth 2150-60 games.

On the new Mechwarrior game, I'd say I'm cautiously hopeful

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like his hula girl on his dash when he fires the drone. But the pilot isn't worth a darn. He should have keep behind cover until he could use his most powerful weapons (which he missed 1/2 the time) and aimed at joints rather than the obvious hard-points. I would have taken out the legs rather than trying to go for the chest and arms.

I wonder if they got past the legal issues. Their website and other news entries are completely devoid of updates.

LHammonds

I like his hula girl on his dash when he fires the drone. But the pilot isn't worth a darn. He should have keep behind cover until he could use his most powerful weapons (which he missed 1/2 the time) and aimed at joints rather than the obvious hard-points. I would have taken out the legs rather than trying to go for the chest and arms.

I wonder if they got past the legal issues. Their website and other news entries are completely devoid of updates.

LHammonds

granted the Atlas (skull-head) typically has very thick leg armor & the warhammer pretty much would just have enough firepower to maybe breach the leg armor in ideal situation (going by classic stats)

that makes me wonder, will leg-damage leave mechs immobilized (mw2) or able to limp like in mw4

Yeah, I haven't heard anything lately on the new Mechwarrior & last I've heard of MW4 free release was that there was going to be a meeting back in November

well the legal issue just revolved around the use of some of the models from the original battletech series, the warhammer, marauder, archer ect. They belonged to a japanese company, if I recall correctly, and used originally in one of thier anime series. Worst case they will have to you different models, if you recall those were not used in some of the later video games because of this very issue "lisence expired"but they would be very much around at the time this game is set in. If you are trying to stay true to the original game/stories that is.

well the legal issue just revolved around the use of some of the models from the original battletech series, the warhammer, marauder, archer ect. They belonged to a japanese company, if I recall correctly, and used originally in one of thier anime series. Worst case they will have to you different models, if you recall those were not used in some of the later video games because of this very issue "lisence expired"but they would be very much around at the time this game is set in. If you are trying to stay true to the original game/stories that is.

Yeah, that probably won't be much of a big deal. As long as I can still get my Mad Cat and Mad Cat markII, I'll be happy.

Btw, I love that signature Artmiser!

Yeah, that probably won't be much of a big deal. As long as I can still get my Mad Cat and Mad Cat markII, I'll be happy.

Btw, I love that signature Artmiser!

I was under the impression that the "unseen" (the designs that Battletech/Mechwarrior aren't allowed to use) situation was resolved & now it's getting the go ahead from Microsoft