enb's and lighting mods

KWmojave

hey people,

after an aggonizing day of trying to get my skyrim back to functional paramaters i now find myself forgetting wich enb+lighting/weather mod i was using(altough i believe it was CoT and its enb preset)

now my question is: wich enb's and lighting/weather mods do you advice?

and could anyone explain to me how to *correctly* install enb's???

greetz,

Crusader

Well to install ENB just follow instructions on the ENB page (to the word) as most ENB's don't come with all files needed like ENBHOST.exe and d3d9.dll but the page will have a link to them. (enbdev.com)

I myself am using RCRN+ELFX+Vividian ENB (best ENB I have used IMO)

Others you can try (I have tried these and they work fine) ELFX+CoT+ENB (Realvison ENB option A and B are alright C is over saturated for me and Seasons of Skyrim ENB) Option A for RV needs Realistic lightning overhaul to use with CoT+RLO make sure you don't turn on the RLO weathers.

There is other lighting mods like Natural Lighting and Atmospherics and ELE, some other ones but those are the ones I have used and are pretty good. CoT needs a ENB for me as without it, it dries everything out

I advise against any ENB preset, personally. You can achieve the same and even better results within the game engine, and thus at a fraction of the performance hit.

I personally use Realistic Lighting Overhaul, including it's weathers module. Up the saturation a contrast just a hair with the Imaginator (which has a handy MCM menu courtesy of vivanto), turn on Dynavision, and you've got yourself a beautiful Skyrim with no noticeable performance hit on a mid-range system.

I advise against any ENB preset, personally. You can achieve the same and even better results within the game engine, and thus at a fraction of the performance hit.

I personally use Realistic Lighting Overhaul, including it's weathers module. Up the saturation a contrast just a hair with the Imaginator (which has a handy MCM menu courtesy of vivanto), turn on Dynavision, and you've got yourself a beautiful Skyrim with no noticeable performance hit on a mid-range system.

ahhh dynavision! keep forgetting that we have that mod these days. will look it up :D

You have no idea. You can use the ENB shadows alone to make your shadows a ton of times better than the joke they are in vanilla.

Hi kwmojav hope your expeirience hasn't been off putting stick in there I've been exactly where you have been

Ok here's my 2 cents I've been missing skyrim for around 15 months now played with dozens of different setups atm I use mod organiser in combination with ebb manager so at the press of a button I can change every texture in my game and change my enb. What I'm trying to say is I've played with heaps of enbs now and can say do not listen to hyacathusarullistad the work Boris has put into his enb series is beyond words and the effect it has on skyrim is even more so.

If your after a cot and eflx combination I recommend project enb performance version

Atm I'm using natural lighting and atmospherics with relighting skyrim and ele

Grim and somber enb with relighting skyrim is a moody preset which is very demanding on your PC

I have never been a fan of real vision but the community seems to like it but there's no denying it's page is the most informant and helpful page on the nexus

True vision is another nice enb which is very performance friendly

Rudy's enb is a very underated enb that ask you to look at if you like colourful presets and it is very performance friendly

If you like the look of the vanilla game phinix enb might be right for you stays very true to the skyrim tone but adds advanced effects and is a very well made mod that is cot compatible

Sky realism it used for a long times makes fallers th area very lush looking with dark shadows and dark greens and very realistic night and dungeons with many presets it isn't updated to the latest enb if that makes a difference

So that's my list of enb presets I suggest you looks at

As for rcrn It didn't really do anything for me and the performance hit was comparible to some enbs the old rcrn was known for being very gps friendly but the new version is much more heavy hitting.

Using mod organizer made the installation much trickier than it should have been to be honest

For lighting mods I've used RLO EFLX RLS(relighting skyrim ) and ELE

MY PREFERENCE IS EFLX over RLO 9/10 I don't like the orange tinge and complete darkness RLO adds to the game ,WHere EFLX adds all sort of different lighting colours that looks really nice. Enbs what I have realised lately is a lot of enbs interior lighting looks superior on it's own relighting skyrim is a lighting mods that fixes where light sources come from in vanilla skyrim fire places a have weird lighting where a light bulb is almost placed in front of the fireplace where relighting skyrim makes the source come from within the fireplace. This is just one example. So relighting skyrim I recommend for enb that do a good job of interior on there own. ( grim and sombers interior look better than next gen graphics at times). Ele normalised lighting in interiors and corrects dungeon darkness.both are good combinations for use with enbs without required lighting mods

For installation most mods have a quick installation guide and it's not hard you shouldn't have to much trouble

Hi kwmojav hope your expeirience hasn't been off putting stick in there I've been exactly where you have been

Ok here's my 2 cents I've been missing skyrim for around 15 months now played with dozens of different setups atm I use mod organiser in combination with ebb manager so at the press of a button I can change every texture in my game and change my enb. What I'm trying to say is I've played with heaps of enbs now and can say do not listen to hyacathusarullistad the work Boris has put into his enb series is beyond words and the effect it has on skyrim is even more so.

If your after a cot and eflx combination I recommend project enb performance version

Atm I'm using natural lighting and atmospherics with relighting skyrim and ele

Grim and somber enb with relighting skyrim is a moody preset which is very demanding on your PC

I have never been a fan of real vision but the community seems to like it but there's no denying it's page is the most informant and helpful page on the nexus

True vision is another nice enb which is very performance friendly

Rudy's enb is a very underated enb that ask you to look at if you like colourful presets and it is very performance friendly

If you like the look of the vanilla game phinix enb might be right for you stays very true to the skyrim tone but adds advanced effects and is a very well made mod that is cot compatible

Sky realism it used for a long times makes fallers th area very lush looking with dark shadows and dark greens and very realistic night and dungeons with many presets it isn't updated to the latest enb if that makes a difference

So that's my list of enb presets I suggest you looks at

As for rcrn It didn't really do anything for me and the performance hit was comparible to some enbs the old rcrn was known for being very gps friendly but the new version is much more heavy hitting.

Using mod organizer made the installation much trickier than it should have been to be honest

For lighting mods I've used RLO EFLX RLS(relighting skyrim ) and ELE

MY PREFERENCE IS EFLX over RLO 9/10 I don't like the orange tinge and complete darkness RLO adds to the game ,WHere EFLX adds all sort of different lighting colours that looks really nice. Enbs what I have realised lately is a lot of enbs interior lighting looks superior on it's own relighting skyrim is a lighting mods that fixes where light sources come from in vanilla skyrim fire places a have weird lighting where a light bulb is almost placed in front of the fireplace where relighting skyrim makes the source come from within the fireplace. This is just one example. So relighting skyrim I recommend for enb that do a good job of interior on there own. ( grim and sombers interior look better than next gen graphics at times). Ele normalised lighting in interiors and corrects dungeon darkness.both are good combinations for use with enbs without required lighting mods

For installation most mods have a quick installation guide and it's not hard you shouldn't have to much trouble

Hi brandan93(why not 69 :P?),

i decided to go with CoT, realistic ligthing overhaul and the realvision enb. in my opinion it looks amazing, about performance i cannot speak.... seems my skyrim still ain't her old self, getting some random (very short) blackscreen whenever there is a save going on(be it auto, quick or manual) and i do have some stutter from time to time altough again: very short ones, and not frequent at all.

wish i had my girl back...... skyrim was such a nice place until those leftover scripts(who had been piling up for ages alreaddy, wich indeed is my fault haha) decided to take control and start crashing my skyrim every 2 min.

altough the crashes have been helped for the most part, i do get a crash every now and then but i have been clean for atleast the last couple of 6-7 hours :). crash logs are alot smaller aswell haha.

anyway: thanks for the reply and i'll keep it in mind :D.