What would you do if someone bans you!?

Pushkatu

I was once a member of a warcraft private server.. i loved it and it was really one of my first online game experiences.. the staff was nice and the community was a few years old.. so.. me and my open humor decided to ruin it on the forums..i went to the apology section(where previously banned members seek redemption) and posted a breif paragraph about all the things i was sorry for that i actually hadn't done yet or even planned on doing.. you see.. it was a joke.. so anyways i log the next day to see all of the post i made on the forum had been deleted and my account reset to "newbie" stats..so i asked a mod about it and he said i had an attitude and deserved what i got.. i insisted i was joking and told him i hadn't done any of the things i was apologizing for. i log the next morning to see my Ip had been blocked and a nice little message saying i had been banned from the server and forum... now that was the first time i had ever been rejected from anything online.. so.. yeah.. i took it well..(not)

i was internet noobish back then so i didn't really know what to do.. soooo.. i installed an old copy of company of heroes..and did every skirmish map twice.. pretending i was going to war against the moderator war machine..lol

Modifying the MySQL database and change all root passwords to all servers.

Lol... I see the humor in you posting what you said. :biggrin: You have to admit though Dark0ne if that happened it would either be an epic hack or one of the other Admins or Mods taking the piss (did i use that UK English term correctly?) out on you.

Modifying the MySQL database and change all root passwords to all servers.

Lol... I see the humor in you posting what you said. :biggrin: You have to admit though Dark0ne if that happened it would either be an epic hack or one of the other Admins or Mods taking the piss (did i use that UK English term correctly?) out on you.

Yes, you did. Taking the piss, taking the mick, same thing.

I would be really sad and apologise.

I was once a member of a warcraft private server.. i loved it and it was really one of my first online game experiences.. the staff was nice and the community was a few years old.. so.. me and my open humor decided to ruin it on the forums..i went to the apology section(where previously banned members seek redemption) and posted a breif paragraph about all the things i was sorry for that i actually hadn't done yet or even planned on doing.. you see.. it was a joke.. so anyways i log the next day to see all of the post i made on the forum had been deleted and my account reset to "newbie" stats..so i asked a mod about it and he said i had an attitude and deserved what i got.. i insisted i was joking and told him i hadn't done any of the things i was apologizing for. i log the next morning to see my Ip had been blocked and a nice little message saying i had been banned from the server and forum... now that was the first time i had ever been rejected from anything online.. so.. yeah.. i took it well..(not)

i was internet noobish back then so i didn't really know what to do.. soooo.. i installed an old copy of company of heroes..and did every skirmish map twice.. pretending i was going to war against the moderator war machine..lol

I guess you learned your lesson since then :P

You can, of course tell a joke like that face to face, but when you write it down it will mean something different to people who read it, as they can't see YOU! Anyway, that is a good lesson to everyone :thumbsup:

I was banned once before on one site for being to open about my feelings (said a couple of things I shouldn't have). I apologized later on through emails and PM's and was let back in to the site for about a couple of more days until I was banned again for something that I had done incorrectly before I had even been banned for the first time. I could've fought my case, but the guy who banned me was completely aware of that particular fact, so I said, "Screw that!" and moved onward.

I'd probably do the same emailing thing again to apologize for the offense, and not bother coming back to said site if I end up being unjustly banned again.