Alpha-Omega

Maharg67

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Hurculine, Dezdimona and Species5478. You are good friends and I will soon as possible get back to writing now that the Christmas pressures are gone.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/FoT_hummer.png

Edited by Maharg67

FOURTEEN

Bobby and Jane entered the settlement’s outer walled off area where the refugees were being directed to a particular area of temporary housing, stables and other facilities. Jane went in another

The Orders of Compassion and Protection were there assisting the refugees or protecting the Orderhood Outpost there. Along with other Orders of the Dozen, their origins were obscure though some whispers linked them with the Clavers and others with the Omniplexi. It was even whispered that the Orders of the Dozen were operating on the Lost Earth also know as Terra. The Sisters and Brothers Compassionate gave out blankets, rations, medicants, hot drinks, cold drinks, water and other items but nothing like weapons or armour.

The Sisters/Brothers of Protection sometimes gave over weapons or ammo or other stuff useful in battle but more often than not had only enough for themselves.

Under the edge of the vast machine now, they were in its shadow and they looked up to see the metallic underside stretching out into the distance. There were walkways and other substructures up there and on the walkways moved sentries and other settlers. Hatches and doors led to spaced that was part of the settlement but it was only a relatively tiny part of the machine interior that was accessible.

He examined the laser cut stone structures of buildings, wallyards, towers, water/towers and others with much interest. Buildings were sloped and heavily fortified against both storms and bandit attacks. Yet many were dull coloured with some smaller areas of brighter coloured murals and other attempts to make them more decorative and welcoming.

A gridwork of struts, platforms, wheelways, walkways and buildings arose in the background between the two. This was also dull coloured with some splashes of brighter colour.

People were mostly tribal citizens with a minority of ‘townies’ who actually belonged to no actual tribe as such. Clothing tended to be dull coloured and toughly practical. Boots were the norm and many civilians wore light body-armour and carried handguns and knives.

There was a pair of MALAVs or Martian Adapted Land Armoured Vehicles, big eight wheeled armoured machines built to be amphibious and resistant to land mines or booby-trap explosives. One had a typical 100mmC autocannon; that is firing 100mm caseless shells from a compact recoilless autocannon in a roboremote turret. The other had twin B/class multiple purpose smart-missile launchers also in a roboremote turret. An antigravity boosted vertibird was parked in the background but it was a Federat machine with Federation colours and symbols as were the two MALAVs. Federation Army Soldiers in standard power armour were active around the machines.

In comparison settlement battlebuggies and battletrucks to one side were crude and less effective but there were more of them. Around them were tribal warriors and militia soldiers, the latter actually wearing rough green fatigues and basic exokevlar body-armour. The soldiers also had more standardised military weapons than the warriors.

There were other tribal machines, the most common of the motorised sort being hybrid biofuel/electric four, six or eight wheeled farmwheelers. These were big powerful machines with extra wading capacity and big wheels; they were all at least four wheel drive.

Jane frowned at the presence of Federat soldiers. “Damned Federats were responsible for the deaths of over twelve thousand tribals in the New Casuarina Zone.”

Bobby dared to shake his head. “That was a mixed military operation between Federat traitors and disguised Confederat forces. You tribals can be damned pig headed. When the Federat sent a delegation under a peace sign to explain the truth, they were massacred by tribal warriors of the O’Mc’Falazan. These people are linked to the tribal alliance known as the Integrated Tribal Clans of IonoMars to which this settlement belongs. Federats understandably struck back at the O’Mc’Falazan after attempts at further diplomacy failed with the O’Mc’Falazan trying but failing to massacre a second envoy party.”

Jane shrugged. “I have never had much to do with the O’Mc’Falazan or any of those tribal clans that carry the O’Mc starting their names. The Federats failed to help our people when we called upon them to do so.”

Bobby sighed. “I am starting to see why so many Federats have lost patience with you tribals. They were barely surviving themselves when you called upon their assistance. When they sent out a group to explain, they were turned back at the gates of this very settlement. Your leadership would not even give them water and two of them died getting back home. Pig headed and too damned certain you always have the truth. Far too aggressive and ready to strike out. Undisciplined and ignorant.”

Jane Earthwise scowled hard at him. “Do you want to get shot?”

Bobby grinned. “I could take on this whole settlement and easily win but no such thing will happen. The Federats are here in force. See those soldiers?”

She shrugged. “Federat GPIs, conscripts but probably one of their better units by the way they move.”

He lost his grin. “The soldiers near the two big wheeled machines are General Power Infantry, or GPIs, but the ones close to the vertibird are something else again. They are disguised as GPIs but they are far deadlier. Notice how they are all young women but notice how the real GPIs, mostly young men who would normally be doing their best to meet any soldier girls, are carefully keeping their distance. Something disturbingly familiar about them and something attractive to me.”

Jane frowned. “Like a young woman in uniform do you? All tight against her young hard body and long blonde hair.”

Bobby gave her a grin. “Not that sort of attraction. For you I have that sort of attraction because you are gorgeous.”

The young woman snorted. “Dream on!”

He grinned some more. “As you say but I could give you one to four children despite your so called tribal curse. After that you can have children with any fertile man. I can also cure men of the tribal curse.” He looked around. “Omniplexi wants me to do this though I am not sure why.”

She went to say something and then just looked at him with an odd look on her face. “Couldn’t you just cure me?”

“Yes but this way is better, is more reliable and calls for an almost ritualistic sexual togetherness, a meeting of minds, spirits, bodies and the psychic.” He sighed. “As beautiful as you are, the need is to cure humanity of the curse of sterility and also other problems.”

Jane blushed just a little. “Well I must admit that is the best but strangest piece of attempted seduction I have ever heard. I will consider it.”

Bobby knew that the exotic soldier girls were observing him as much as he was them though they were doing so very discreetly. He wondered how the Federation had gained access to genned super/soldier technologies or just the soldiers themselves.

They climbed off their horses and began to move towards some stables.

TO BE CONTINUED

It is a good thing my exotic soldier girls or others don't snort like that. It would be so undinified for an exotic soldier to do that, especially in the middle of battle. :blink: :rolleyes: :whistling: