Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

Just FYI: I'm going to be out of town until August 13th, so don't worry if I'm absent from the forums during that period.

I'm very eager to release this mod, so expect a major ramp-up in production when I get back.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...should I be expecting worse than what happened in Russel to the villagers and Hunters?

Degrees of "worse" tend to be rather subjective, but personally... I think NVBIII's climactic scene is more horrifying, as it unfolds in front of you.

Testers, feel free to weigh in on that one.

The personal aspect of it makes it a bit more horrifying in my opinion. What happens in Russell is terrible, yes, but it's the aftermath of a horrific tragedy, not the actual happening of it. You don't know any of the tribals, and you know from an outside perspective that there is nothing the Courier could have done to help them. Sad, awful, but something you can disconnect from. NVBIII doesn't happen to some strangers that already had a death sentence. It happens to you, and with the knowledge that it is happening because you chose to follow the story rather than turn back.

So...should I be expecting worse than what happened in Russel to the villagers and Hunters?

Degrees of "worse" tend to be rather subjective, but personally... I think NVBIII's climactic scene is more horrifying, as it unfolds in front of you.

Testers, feel free to weigh in on that one.

I agree. I would even say much more horrifying.

Guest deleted2159825

What will there be in the way of unique gear? will we get

Glanton's

Knife or anything from Marko? I hoard uniques.

That depends on what comes down the pipeline in the last phase of production. TBD.

What will there be in the way of unique gear? will we get

Glanton's

Knife or anything from Marko? I hoard uniques.

That depends on what comes down the pipeline in the last phase of production. TBD.

Well whatever you decide I rest assured by your judgement. As long as one spits lead with a punch like Adamantium Mike.

I'm almost worried about playing NVBIII

While I can appreciate a dark story, I have an innate dislike for kick-the-dog style stories, dark and grim for the sake of being dark and grim. Having Marko being a psychopathic killer makes sense, and exploring that is cool, but forcing the Courier to murder everyone he ever cared about or something like that just feels like it would be a kick in the teeth and nothing more.

Too cheap a story, if you get my meaning.

I mean, having to let Glanton go and witness the aftermath was bad, but felt justified, as you had to save Silverwood (if you're karmically aligned like that), and it was easy to understand the towns point of view towards Glanton and why you can't just shoot him in the head and be done with it.

I hope you can carry this forward to NVBIII and not just turn it into grim dark for the sake of it.

I'm almost worried about playing NVBIII

While I can appreciate a dark story, I have an innate dislike for kick-the-dog style stories, dark and grim for the sake of being dark and grim. Having Marko being a psychopathic killer makes sense, and exploring that is cool, but forcing the Courier to murder everyone he ever cared about or something like that just feels like it would be a kick in the teeth and nothing more.

Too cheap a story, if you get my meaning.

I mean, having to let Glanton go and witness the aftermath was bad, but felt justified, as you had to save Silverwood (if you're karmically aligned like that), and it was easy to understand the towns point of view towards Glanton and why you can't just shoot him in the head and be done with it.

I hope you can carry this forward to NVBIII and not just turn it into grim dark for the sake of it.

Well you're fortunate he's not using the "Lake of Fire" draft for the main quests.

Guest deleted2159825

To build on reallancem's statement, that's why I passed on the "Lake of Fire" treatment. This mod will still be a kick in the nuts to many players, but the motivation behind it is certainly not "dark for the sake of darkness".

Edited by someguy2000

I apologize if I missed somebody already asking this in the thread while I was skimming by, but I'm wondering if I can just complete NVBII, save, then come to this when it's done and get the whole experience or if I'll need to start a new game? I'm aware there's gonna be a standalone but I'd hate to miss out on any awesome stuff.