Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, I was just wondering. What made you sour on Russell such that you cut him from NVBIII? I mean, yeah, he can be kind of a moody prick and he never laughs at my jokes, but overall I thought he was pretty cool. Especially the Blood Meridian-inspired storyline.

In a nutshell, he's just a hair too self-serious for my taste. It's just a personal preference.

I thought he was pretty cool as well (in spite of not having a sandbox package when told to wait), but I had difficulty being sold on his reaction to the aftermath of the Glanton slaughters since those scenes were no more gory or brutal than any other post-battle scenes in the game (at least not on my machine). When a bullet to the head causes it to explode, it is pretty hard to depict the "horror" of scalping. The only slaughter of true innocents was done by the tribals. Actually, I think you did an excellent job of making his personality complex. If one tried to guess what comment would please him most, he would often fool you ( saying something negative about Vickers or Handley eg and God help you if you tried to wax too philosophical).

I also thought Russell was a well-made character, despite the bugginess of his quest. He actually sold me completely on the NCR being imperialistic-money grabbing-brahmin humping-assholes, more so then I already thought they were. He definitely had a large amount of depth to his backstory and character. He fit in well with the Someguy Series and with New Vegas itself. I really wished you would have made a patch for Russell or NVBIII for unique dialogue, especially during the mission hunting down Glanton, for the last time.

And, as for Glanton's slaughter of the Sand Wolves, though I personally didn't agree with Russell's view, I could understand why he would react in that way. Glanton did kill women and babies, just like the sand wolves earlier.

With me, Russell didn't sell me on his anti-NCR views meanly due to my Courier being loosely NCR and also wanting to hit his face with a hot frying pan for his cynical bitching, arrogant attitude and trying to pick a fight with my Couriers other companions but after seeing the Fallout fan film Red Star, I always had a feeling that not all the Desert Rangers agreed with the Ranger Unification Treaty and that some went their own way. Russell helped expanded on the Desert Rangers lore as well as the aftermath of the Ranger Unification Treaty. Russell was a much needed add on for the lore and story of New Vegas at lest that is my opinion anyway.

Mr. Someguy, would you ever consider releasing the documents details all your variations, stories and changes of your fantastical mods, released, scrapped or otherwise, to us, the mere peons of the simple public, to view at our delighted and intrigued leisure?

Edited by grogpole

Guest deleted2159825

Mr. Someguy, would you ever consider releasing the documents details all your variations, stories and changes of your fantastical mods, released, scrapped or otherwise, to us, the mere peons of the simple public, to view at our delighted and intrigued leisure?

I might do that for Firebase Zulu, but most of the others were outlines, just skeletons of design documents.

Edited by someguy2000

I just noticed that you ended up getting rid of the cringey romance with Felina from the alpha build (or did you?...). Ever going to consider reinstating it, especially since you have the ranch house in already?

Guest deleted2159825

I just noticed that you ended up getting rid of the cringey romance with Felina from the alpha build (or did you?...). Ever going to consider reinstating it, especially since you have the ranch house in already?

No, it will remain mercifully dead. I can honestly say "Never again" in regards to romance. Except for Bad Mothaf*#@a, of course.

Seems I'm the only one who liked the Romance. Sure, it's hard to even attempt "depth" in that relationship, with what is given to you while you are doing the main bounties questline, but I still liked what was left of that questline in the mod.

I attempted to get the quests to work by spawning the quest related NPCs and even got to the "more intimate" part of the relationship but when you (SPOILER ALERT) are betrayed by Brookshire and the whole town is shot to s#*!, Felina survives and nothing else happens, everyone just stands there in silence even if you kill the NPCs that are meant to die by console commands, nothing really happens.

Anyway, just an observation of mine. I do think Marko killing Felina (while she was pregnant too) would have added even more to the Courier's suffering but in the end maybe it's better and more wholesome without the romance and NVBIII is absolutely amazing as it is.

Edited by FabianBogart

I actually liked the romance all right myself and thought Someguy was too hard on himself about that. John Grisham said, after inserting a sex scene in one of his books, that he was told by his wife to never try that again and he considered that good advice. Sounds like Someguy may feel the same about soppy romance as Grisham does about writing graphic sex scenes. I am not sad to see it go since my game always hung up at that point during the alpha and I had to console kill her to get the game to proceed.

Edited by Thenryb