Guest deleted2159825

Someguy, do you have an approximate idea as to the size of the mod in MB or KB and at what time you will upload it. I just wanna make sure to be one of the first ones to play it. Completely stoked for the mod!

Uh, let me get back to you on that one. I'm adding some additional recordings for the slideshow this evening.
Absolutely, take your time. No need to rush in any way. Again, really looking forward to the mod and seeing how it all turns out. Also, I'm really excited to hear you want to make one last mod for New Vegas.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing through NVB again on my new character to prepare, and I noticed something that I hadn't before that's bugging me now. Is Red Kelley supposed to be a reference to Randy Weaver? Because I'm drawing a lot of parallels.

No, it's a nod to Ned Kelly.

Never heard of him until now, but that was definitely an interesting read. The whole "government came on my land and killed my child" just reminded me of Ruby Ridge.

Also, I know Siege of Firebase Zulu is long canceled, but is there any closure for it in your canon mythos? Did it ever get taken by Marcellus?

Guest deleted2159825

I've been playing through NVB again on my new character to prepare, and I noticed something that I hadn't before that's bugging me now. Is Red Kelley supposed to be a reference to Randy Weaver? Because I'm drawing a lot of parallels.

No, it's a nod to Ned Kelly.

Never heard of him until now, but that was definitely an interesting read. The whole "government came on my land and killed my child" just reminded me of Ruby Ridge.

Also, I know Siege of Firebase Zulu is long canceled, but is there any closure for it in your canon mythos? Did it ever get taken by Marcellus?

That will be covered in The Better Angels. It may only be explained in dialogue, but the player will have closure. There is a definitive canon ending for Zulu.

Glad to see you back Someguy2000! So excited and stoked for New Vegas Bounties 3! There will always be room in my load order for a Someguy2000 mod!

So are you excited about Quentin Tarantino's upcoming movie The Hateful Eight?

Also I wanted to say that I read a article on Facebook today about Carlos Hathcock and as soon as I seen his name and story I was like OMG that is where inspiration for Charlie Halfcock came from!

Again it is so good to see you back man.

Guest deleted2159825

Glad to see you back Someguy2000! So excited and stoked for New Vegas Bounties 3! There will always be room in my load order for a Someguy2000 mod!

So are you excited about Quentin Tarantino's upcoming movie The Hateful Eight?

Thanks!

I'm very excited about The Hateful Eight, as well as The Revenant.

Are you willing to speak to the general state of the mod on release? I usually wait a month or two after these kinds of massive quest mods are released before playing, to make sure that the majority of bugs are resolved. Do you think that'll be necessary for NVBIII?

In any case, I'm super excited for it. I've played through part 1, 2, and the Inheritance at least a few times now just to see everything I can. I can't wait to do the same with part 3. Thanks for the hours of great content.

Guest deleted2159825

Are you willing to speak to the general state of the mod on release? I usually wait a month or two after these kinds of massive quest mods are released before playing, to make sure that the majority of bugs are resolved. Do you think that'll be necessary for NVBIII?

In any case, I'm super excited for it. I've played through part 1, 2, and the Inheritance at least a few times now just to see everything I can. I can't wait to do the same with part 3. Thanks for the hours of great content.

From a gameplay standpoint it runs pretty well. It was tested thoroughly during the initial phase of development. The issues I foresee mainly surround mismatched VO and subtitles, something that inevitably pops up when there are thousands of lines of dialogue. Additionally, some of the worldspace may feel... unfinished. It's got LOD, but numerous buildings are boarded up because I didn't get around to making interiors for them. That about covers it. I just tell myself, "It can't be worse than Russell was on release."

Edited by someguy2000

Honestly, I'm more relieved than anything else as, given what I've heard about the mod so far, I couldn't help but imagine a romance ending HORRIBLY. On another note, I see people talking about how much they want to kill Marko, but we are never directly affected by anything he has done, correct? And, I believe the letter from his brother said that he was retired. What I'm getting at is, we're not saving anyone, we're going off to kick a hornet's nest (Full of vengeful, hunt down everyone you care about out of spite hornets), terrible things might happen and we would be just as responsible as anyone else, so unless something happens to create a... selfless and tangible reason to hunt down Marko, I don't think going on this quest really makes one a good person. Of course, if nothing else, I'm going out of morbid curiosity, and if I end up regreting this, that's probably how it should be.

Sorry if this seems rambling, I'm just excited, and I really never understood why some people wanted to kill Marko so badly (REALLY badly based on some comments I've read). Messiah complex combined with the belief that he's still actively and maliciously hurting people? I don't know, maybe he is. I (And perhaps others?) can't help but see him as some sort of ending point, though when I think about about it realisticly that isn't really true, I'm just off for fame, loot, and a good story. Who doesn't want to be the one to kill the most dangerous man alive, right! What could go wrong?

(This started out as a response to the answer of my original question, but since I don't see that post I must have done it wrong)

Who ever said my character was good person? He kills people for money. Yes, those people are criminals, and some of them are scum bags. But he isn't a law man, he's a bounty hunter, which is only slightly above an assassin.

Marko screwed my friend, he dies. Period.

That said, time for a fresh game of New Vegas. What are some must have mods to go with Someguy's mods?