Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

I've been wondering: what would the stories of your mods be like if they're set after the events of the game? How would they change depending on who'll be in charge of the Mojave?

Since the canon ending will probably be "Anybody but the Legion" it won't have any major effects on my mods, though the Boulder City Jail would likely close if the NCR evacuated. One positive of the closed ending of FO:NV is that I don't have to script for the various outcomes.

If FO4 is indeed set on the east coast, I will probably make scant references to my characters in FO:NV given the geographic expanse. If Obsidian gets another crack at a spinoff (I pray to Jesus-Zimmer!), I definitely plan on referencing vanilla and modded outcomes. I could probably even script in a questionnaire about your choices in my past mods so that dialogue lines up with your past roleplaying. Anyway, that's a long, long way off. Honestly, I'm done speculating about FO4's announcement, much less its release. Only Jesus-Zimmer knows when Bethesda will loose it from their shadowy womb.

Updates:

- Work has resumed, and I'm tinkering with dialogue. The main quest should be wrapped up this weekend.

Edited by someguy2000

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

There are updates across the board since the recent patch to the someguyseries.esm caused some unexpected hiccups in the code. An entire line was magically omitted from NVBII, for example, which would keep NVBIII from firing. f*#@ing GECK!

I am done with updates, barring something game-breaking (which this would have been for NVBIII).

Guest deleted2159825

So what's the whole process of world building and navmeshing like? Do you only use the GECK through everything or do you use a third party program on top of that?

For Russell's worldspace I imported a real-world heightmap, but I just made this one from scratch since I wanted to prioritize "containment". To answer your question, it all stems from the GECK. There is sporadic automation (I will auto-generate the navmesh in less-trafficked cells) as well as procedural generation (Regions), but much of it is hand-placed, particularly in the high-profile spots.

hey this is unrelated to NVB 3 but in The inheritance i found a small bug. When you talk to hawkins you can still do the Speech option if you say "whatever you're selling, i'm not buying. f*#@ Off." The 100 speech option to spare his life is still available, It's not a huge bug and you should probably focus on NVB 3 but i figured it was worth mentioning.

Guest deleted2159825

hey this is unrelated to NVB 3 but in The inheritance i found a small bug. When you talk to hawkins you can still do the Speech option if you say "whatever you're selling, i'm not buying. f*** Off." The 100 speech option to spare his life is still available, It's not a huge bug and you should probably focus on NVB 3 but i figured it was worth mentioning.

Maybe that curt reply spurred Hawkins' re-evaluation of his place in this world...

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

The last 5% of the main quest is taking longer than anticipated, but it should be completed within the next few days.

Guest deleted2159825

No questions or demands. Just wanted to say you do damn fine work and it's kept me playing. Thanks for all the hard work.

Thanks, man. It rarely, if ever feels like work, particularly on this project. I've had a blast making it so far.