Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

Sooo completely unrelated but am i the only one outraged that Brienne beat the hound?

It surprised me, but I'm not outraged. Even with his recent shift towards anti-hero territory, Clegane had a wealth of bad karma that he had accumulated.

Hey someguy my summer course is winding down, I'd love it if I had a go to make a trailer when I'm done.

Here is a link to my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

There is about 30 or so videos but the only videos I really worked on was Nova Terra, Not your kind of people, Nova Terra, Heart of the swarm, Cassandra Age of dragons, and skyrim ghost agent. The Halo weapon pack was a quickie.

Guest deleted2159825

Hey someguy my summer course is winding down, I'd love it if I had a go to make a trailer when I'm done.

Here is a link to my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

There is about 30 or so videos but the only videos I really worked on was Nova Terra, Not your kind of people, Nova Terra, Heart of the swarm, Cassandra Age of dragons, and skyrim ghost agent. The Halo weapon pack was a quickie.

Thanks, I just don't want to commit to any trailers until the mod is further along. Once it's close to beta we'll see.

Sooo completely unrelated but am i the only one outraged that Brienne beat the hound?

It surprised me, but I'm not outraged. Even with his recent shift towards anti-hero territory, Clegane had a wealth of bad karma that he had accumulated.

Yeah i mean he had it coming i get that, but the fight in general annoyed me. It seemed like a pointless conflict that could've been easily avoided (it basically only occurred because in the books the hound dies and they needed to reach that arch) and then the fight itself was ridiculous. I think maybe brienne could've won with swordplay (let me stress the maybe) but in Hand to Hand combat (which was the majority of the fight). Whenever Sandor kicks her in the nether region, then in the face, punches in the face twice and then headbutts her, i mean i can't fathom anyone who could survive that (although lack of testicles was probably a significant advantage in these circumstances). It also annoys me that we've basically lost another interesting character, i don't dislike brienne but Arya and The Hound have been awesome the entire season while brienne has been good but nothing great. Atleast in the books it's possible that The hound survives and even though there's a chance he could live (If you don't actually see them dead, there's always a chance in Game of thrones) it seems much less likely in the TV scenario. How's progress with the final 5% going?

That's no problem, first I'd have to finish my summer class. And you know the mod I'm working on :ninja: ... btw which I'd love to show you the worldspace if you want to check it out, not sure if you been reading up our updates. But I love to make videos if everything is good on your side.

Edited by maybenexttime

As a book reader I'm more disappointed in some other changes, though I am going to miss the Hound buddy-copping around with Arya. And it all could have been avoided if Brienne had just shown her the wolf Hot Pie made for her.

More on topic, what exactly can we expect from the questline of NVB3? Will the bounty missions be part of the main storyline or are they side objectives in the quest for Marko? Is there any information we can get on the people, places, and missions?

Guest deleted2159825

How's progress with the final 5% going?

It's tough, to be honest. I'm having to test and tighten up several meticulous, scripted scenes. I'll implement something, test it, check it off my list, and then discover weeks later that there are lingering bugs that didn't manifest until later on. One of the more frustrating aspects of this engine is that it usually requires absolute simplicity and mind-numbing redundancy. I almost threw my monitor out of a window the other night because of ai packages for one dumbass NPC. They were scripted correctly, but only worked some of the time. It wasn't an all or nothing situation, which prompts a clear change in method.

I now find myself no longer trusting conditions that rely on script variables, instead removing or adding entire ai packages in order to be 100% certain the NPC will do what they're supposed to. In situations where you've disabled the player controls (for de facto cutscenes or simulating the player being bound), there is no room for error. Anything that stops progress in scripting breaks the quest and the game. I've been relying on timers set in the Gamemode block, the only sure-fire way to ensure scenes progress as planned, even if it's a bit clunky. Times like this really make me miss the scene system in the Creation Kit.

More on topic, what exactly can we expect from the questline of NVB3? Will the bounty missions be part of the main storyline or are they side objectives in the quest for Marko? Is there any information we can get on the people, places, and missions?

It's divided into three acts:

- The first is set in the Mojave Wasteland; a mysterious newcomer offers to guide the player to Frosthill if he/she helps him with several "jobs".

- The second and longest act takes place in the Deep Creek Mountains. The player is tasked with systematically eliminating a string of outlaws in a manner akin to NVBI.

- The third act will remain under wraps until the mod is released.

Edited by someguy2000

Will we have to do certain things that while necessary are viewed as wrong by certain people? I think the courier should be able to get a anti-hero kind of quality in order to fully achieve his/her goal of taking down Marko. Edited by CiderMuffin

Guest deleted2159825

Will we have to do certain things that while necessary are viewed as wrong by certain people? I think the courier should be able to get a anti-hero kind of quality in order to fully achieve his/her goal of taking down Marko.

The opening act will actually afford a range of roleplaying options, perhaps more than any other section of the mod.

There are certainly some difficult dilemmas, but those are largely wrapped up in sidequests. The second act is rather linear, though not nearly so much as NVBI.