Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

Why do people hate bounties posters,its a practical way for eliminating targets,not that Courier is the only bounty hunter,at least for NCR whose main goal is to take down these criminals rahter then earn a buck

People have their reasons, namely the inconvenience of tracking posters down while attempting to complete every bounty. It will remain unique to NVBII, that much is certain.

Guest deleted2159825

While wrapping up the main quest I've also been throwing myself into dialogue. Here's another sample that was added on the fly:

PLAYER:

If I'm hearing you right, you seem to embrace being the bad guy.

UNNAMED NPC:

{Flash of anger}I want to know what effete, sniveling worm coined the term "bad guy". Probably some spineless wretch who relied on stronger men for his safety.

You know what "bad" means to me? It means you're strong, you endure when others listen to that pussified voice inside, lay down and die.

I don't know about your world with all its nations and laws, but in my world "good" is raw flesh that is stripped and eaten by the hungry.

What would you do without a few bad men around? No job, for starters. You're only as good as the man across from you, it's what builds you.

You've smoked a few lowlifes, so now you're supposed to be special? You're just another meatbag with an expiration date.

The hubris of it... to call me bad. There will come a time when you'll wish you'd had more bad in you, because good... lets you down in the end.

In writing this mod, sometimes I catch myself writing the villain as an odd sort of hero, or at least a rebel against the player's relative omnipotence. There's definitely a spirit of non serviam that fits in with some of the religious themes. If the player is God of the wasteland, this antagonist could certainly fit the role of Satan.

While wrapping up the main quest I've also been throwing myself into dialogue. Here's another sample that was added on the fly:

PLAYER:

UNNAMED NPC:

{Flash of anger}I want to know what effete, sniveling worm coined the term "bad guy". Probably some spineless wretch who relied on stronger men for his safety.

You know what "bad" means to me? It means you're strong, you endure when others listen to that pussified voice inside, lay down and die.

I don't know about your world with all its nations and laws, but in my world "good" is raw flesh that is stripped and eaten by the hungry.

What would you do without a few bad men around? No job, for starters. You're only as good as the man across from you, it's what builds you.

You've smoked a few lowlifes, so now you're supposed to be special? You're just another meatbag with an expiration date.

The hubris of it... to call me bad. There will come a time when you'll wish you'd had more bad in you, because good... lets you down in the end.

In writing this mod, sometimes I catch myself writing the villain as an odd sort of hero, or at least a rebel against the player's relative omnipotence. There's definitely a spirit of non serviam that fits in with some of the religious themes. If the player is God of the wasteland, this antagonist could certainly fit the role of Satan.

Hmmm... I wonder who this could be? :tongue:

PLAYER:

UNNAMED NPC:

Well then, I believe my goody-two shoes characters will finally have a villain worth fighting :tongue:

PLAYER:

UNNAMED NPC:

So what of characters on the opposite karmic spectrum (I'm talking El Indio evil), or will it just be tailor made to fit for both kinds of character's disposition?

Guest deleted2159825

PLAYER:

UNNAMED NPC:

So what of characters on the opposite karmic spectrum (I'm talking El Indio evil), or will it just be tailor made to fit for both kinds of character's disposition?

There will be some dialogue options to suit more nefarious characters, but as a rule most of the content is geared for players that are either neutral or some degree of good.

Guest deleted2159825

I will probably be looking for apha testers by this weekend. If you're interested, please PM me. Keep in mind:

- This test deals strictly with the main quest, not peripheral content or sidequests

- The mod is still in a very unfinished state (no LOD, no custom gear, and some dungeons are unfinished)

What I'm looking for in testers:

- Experience managing and manipulating load orders (you won't freak out because of one crash)

- A propensity to approach quests in myriad ways (though not killing everyone - I haven't scripted for psychos yet)

- An eye for proper grammar and spelling

- Discretion, as there are some significant plot developments that I want to keep under wraps

- The ability to provide specific, detailed feedback, not generalized complaints

Thanks!

Edited by someguy2000

Hi Someguy i really enjoy your mods and i have them all but with the new update to Russel i cant finish the battle i mean it starts and after i kill every legion the slave doesn't come to tell me to meet his master and I've tried to skip the battle but the command doesn't work can you help me please

Edited by ypet

Hi Someguy i really enjoy your mods and i have them all but with the new update to Russel i cant finish the battle i mean it starts and after i kill every legion the slave doesn't come to tell me to meet his master and I've tried to skip the battle but the command doesn't work can you help me please

setstage xx005c11 164 (xx is the load order number), that should fix it.