Guest deleted2159825

Ford as in Harrison Ford? Han Solo confirmed as Marko

Yes, and he will shoot first.

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final" - though the name of whoever said that escapes me right now.

Wyatt Earp maybe? i think it was him or Wild Bill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

Yes, and he will shoot first.

I was just trying to have a Star Wars moment... :geek:

Update from last night:

- Ford is a fully-functioning companion; now I'm adding his "flavor" dialogue, greetings, barks, etc.

- The sidequests are finished. I decided to cut the last one because it had the potential to open up significant plot holes in the main quest. Suffice to say that the peripheral content will not be on par with that in The Inheritance or NVBII, but I'm not disappointed in the least. My goal was to avoid feature creep and focus on a tight, clear narrative that plays out in the main quest, with few distractions or fluff. I believe the upcoming build will reflect that.

- The Mountain Warfare Training Center is staged, but only one interior is in place. Depending on how things shake out on the level design front, there could be cuts there as well.

I know some of you may express anguish over the prospect of cut content, but it's just a reality of both professional and amateur design. There is only so much time and/or motivation, and I'd prefer to polish up the main quest and expand dialogue rather than tossing in more quests without good reason. Everything is falling into place now, and I want NVBIII firing on all cylinders when it's published.

There will be some post-mod content, of course. More than, say, Russell, but less than The Inheritance. I'm saving a lot of my ideas for small quests and random encounters for SSS.

Thanks for the support!

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

And i'm late...

You're not late. I haven't even begun auditions yet. I'll make an announcement in this thread when the VO work starts.

Update:

- NAVMESH! (Listening to an audiobook makes it go faster, but still...)

- Added some clutter to select dungeons, touched up a few interiors

- Added music to interiors, specific locations, and the worldspace as a whole

- Wrote more dialogue for Ford, which has been entertaining.

And i'm late...

You're not late. I haven't even begun auditions yet. I'll make an announcement in this thread when the VO work starts.

Update:

- NAVMESH! (Listening to an audiobook makes it go faster, but still...)

- Added some clutter to select dungeons, touched up a few interiors

- Added music to interiors, specific locations, and the worldspace as a whole

- Wrote more dialogue for Ford, which has been entertaining.

Ugh... Navmeshing is such a b#tch.

Guest deleted2159825

Ugh... Navmeshing is such a b#tch.

I hand-place it in dungeons and on POI's, but otherwise I auto-generate each cell then make the necessary adjustments. I've gotten pretty proficient at fine-tuning the auto-generation settings to work for me, but it's still messy. Nonetheless, I'd rather do that than meticulously navmesh the entire worldspace. To hell with that.