Guest deleted2159825

What kind of terrain can we expect to see? I'm assuming it's based off of the real Deep Creek Mountains in Utah. Is it strictly mountains or do we have some flatland too?

Ok, it's Someguy's Scintillating Scenarios, which would be a comprehensive random encounter mod for the Mojave Wasteland, with a number of small quests thrown in to boot.

That sounds awesome.

I still remember the time I was playing NV and I was followed home by a man with a chainsaw at night. I was playing HC mode, so I used to return to my home base and sleep, eat etc. Was just walking back to my place at night, heard some chainsaw SFX off in the distance, thought nothing of it at the time. Walk into my house, go to interact with the bed, right before I do I hear the chainsaw again. I turn around and see a Fiend proceeding to murder my companion (which he does successfully - RIP Desmond Harper). I kill the fiend, loot him and find a note about how he's going to avenge the death of Motor-Runner; whom I had killed a couple in-game days earlier.

Literally the most bizarre and shocking thing I witnessed in a game ever. I'm not sure if that was from another mod or what, but either way I love random encounters now.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

What kind of terrain can we expect to see? I'm assuming it's based off of the real Deep Creek Mountains in Utah. Is it strictly mountains or do we have some flatland too?

It's strictly snow-clad mountains. I was aiming to get away from the same old desert while recreating the setting from one of the chief inspirations.

I kill the fiend, loot him and find a note about how he's going to avenge the death of Motor-Runner; whom I had killed a couple in-game days earlier.

That's from New Vegas Bounties I. I would like to create an array of similar encounters that are tied to vanilla choices and quest progression.

Guest deleted2159825

Wait is this "random encounter" mod in beta? I would like to try that.

It's no more than a twinkle in my eye and some notes right now. However, the random encounters in NVBIII will showcase the basic system.

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

Update from the weekend:

- The worldspace is fully-navmeshed

- Expanded dialogue for the townspeople, with new topics possibly alluding to future mods...

- Began work on the introductory and ending slideshows (there will be both, though the former will be short compared to DLC intros)

While I didn't hit 2,500 lines of dialogue, it's not far off. When the slideshows are in place I'll probably make an announcement for the next round of testing. Thanks for the support!

Guest deleted2159825

Will NVB3 have multiple endings, or just variations on certain characters and side quests?

There are two possible "endings". There will be a wide variety of outcomes for specific characters, though.

There is a slight problem,the Courier in the image is using Independent New Vegas jacket (from Lonesome Road DLC) witch can cause problems with characters like mine (NCR),Legion characters and House characters,could the Courier wear a bounty hunter duster or something,sorry if I sound like an a**hole I just wanted to point out a small thing that hopefully aint going to be that hard to fix

Edited by Whatswrongwithmyusername