Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

The reason noone talked about the staredown is because the dialogue gets grayed out, so people think theres nothing there.

When I saw that happen though, I laughed my *ss off.

What on Earth is "the staredown"?

It's an obscure reference that requires Wild Wasteland. The player can repeatedly stare at certain NPC's, and after a prolonged exchange, they can select a new, unique option that will trigger a gruesome, Scanners-esque ending for the NPC in question.

I was quite drunk when I implemented it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason noone talked about the staredown is because the dialogue gets grayed out, so people think theres nothing there.

When I saw that happen though, I laughed my *ss off.

What on Earth is "the staredown"?

It's an obscure reference that requires Wild Wasteland. The player can repeatedly stare at certain NPC's, and after a prolonged exchange, they can select a new, unique option that will trigger a gruesome, Scanners-esque ending for the NPC in question.

I was quite drunk when I implemented it.

LMAO, I rarely ever used the staredown option, now I'm going to have to try that out.

I have a question would it be possible to say tweak yours so they would fit in post game. I have been using CAGE - Continue After Game's Ending mod since it first came out and I thought it would interesting to play through your mods after the main game. It would be interesting to listen to Russel commenting on which faction won.

Guest deleted2159825

I have a question would it be possible to say tweak yours so they would fit in post game. I have been using CAGE - Continue After Game's Ending mod since it first came out and I thought it would interesting to play through your mods after the main game. It would be interesting to listen to Russel commenting on which faction won.

Sorry, it's really uncertain territory so far as lore is concerned, so I'll probably steer clear of it.

I mean nothing major just minor stuff like some tweak dialog. I don't think it would affect the lore in anything by hearing someone commenting of what they think about the faction that won the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.

Reebdoog wants too...but he simply hasn't found time to do ANYTHING for some time. New baby...long hours at the car dealership... it's been a long time since I had a chance to sit down and do anything like this.

Part of the problem is that the time I'd have to do it is the time my family is all at home with me and it's really not an environment that lends itself to recording violent voice over...

I'll try and help any way I can...but I can't make any promises.