Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

Don't forget mods that have notes with like 3 pages of writing

I did that with my bunker notes in The Inheritance, but Al ended up liking the story. He never read the notes from Russell, unfortunately. Oh, well. :(

Understood. Also, I hope I didn't give you any ideas on torturing poor Al. :devil:

What tortures Al, so far as I can tell, are quest mods that with unclear objectives or circuitous plots. The only time I might have pushed his buttons was with Zimmer in The Inheritance, but even that turned into some hilarious s***. Jesus-Zimmer was born!

My next mini-mod, New Vegas Killer, will feature an event I like to call "Death by a thousand hobos", which will certainly provide a glorious death(s) for Al. Envision the ghoul encounter in The Inheritance, except its angry, violent hobos instead of ghouls.

Well that was also Project Nevada's fault as well. And, oh no! All of Freeside and North Vegas are going to team up and try to kill Al! :ohmy: Filthy hobos! Now I know why I always hated them! :mad:

I am looking forward to this more then pretty much anything ever.

I've been heavily invested in the idea of gutting Marko for so long now, during the dark period of time where the future of NVB3 was uncertain, i had decided that after some time had passed i would make a small mod for my self where Marko would be an NPC, so i could kill him once and for all, just for some piece of mind. XD

A testament to your storytelling prowess no doubt, to be so invested in killing a particular character in a video game. haha

A qustion about the "Lake of Fire" draft.

When you find Marko on his deathbed, is he awake and fully aware of his surroundings? where he is, who you are, the well being of his family... ?

I can't wait for the mod and anything else you do, i may draw the line at reinstalling skyrim though, unless you can some how fix the weak atmosphere and storytelling in that game. haha

Thank you for enriching this game with amazing mods, it just wouldn't be the same without you. :smile:

Guest deleted2159825

I am looking forward to this more then pretty much anything ever.

Thanks, man. Kudos for the avatar, by the way. Longtime Punisher fan here.

When you find Marko on his deathbed, is he awake and fully aware of his surroundings? where he is, who you are, the well being of his family...

It was supposed to be set in an obscure town in the Great Plains. Marko would be comatose, totally unaware that you're there. Killing him would only provide a hollow sense of justice. Since Just a Courier will almost certainly never get made, it's a non-issue. I've decided to focus on other mods before FO4 hits - Sinners and Slaves is probably my next "big" quest mod for NV.

I can't wait for the mod and anything else you do, i may draw the line at reinstalling skyrim though, unless you can some how fix that atmosphere and story telling in that game. haha

A big factor in my motivation for modding Skyrim is the knowledge that FO4 will most likely use a similar scripting system, which is different enough from the GECK's to warrant regular practice. People may not know this, but my first mod was actually for Oblivion, so I would like to make at least one quality quest mod for Skyrim.

I've roleplayed almost entirely as a Nord since Morrowind, and my take on them would be very dark (surprise, surprise!). The plot for Sons of Shor involves the player assembling a group of Stormcloaks, getting in longboats, sailing to the other side of the continent, then raiding and pillaging territory belonging to the Aldmeri Dominion, with the requisite amount of violence and hellraising.

Thank you for enriching this game with amazing mods, it just wouldn't be the same without you. :smile:

I appreciate the support - enjoy the mods!

When you find Marko on his deathbed, is he awake and fully aware of his surroundings? where he is, who you are, the well being of his family...

It was supposed to be set in an obscure town in the Great Plains. Marko would be comatose, totally unaware that you're there. Killing him would only provide a hollow sense of justice. Since Just a Courier will almost certainly never get made, it's a non-issue. I've decided to focus on other mods before FO4 hits - Sinners and Slaves is probably my next "big" quest mod for NV.

To be honest, I'm glad that your not doing the "Lake of Fire" draft for NVBIII. It was.... a little too much if you don't mind me saying. I was afraid that if I played it or watched Al play it that I would destroy my computer and run off into the woods to live the rest of my days as an insane hermit who has sworn off technology. :wacko: Such is the level of skill you have as a writer.

Guest deleted2159825

To be honest, I'm glad that your not doing the "Lake of Fire" draft for NVBIII. It was.... a little too much if you don't mind me saying. I was afraid that if I played it or watched Al play it that I would destroy my computer and run off into the woods to live the rest of my days as an insane hermit who has sworn off technology. :wacko: Such is the level of skill you have as a writer.

It wouldn't be a sound conclusion. For me, it was never a serious option.

Numerous threads will be tied up in NVBIII, so I'll have to weave some fresh ones for Sinners and Slaves. Expect an abundance of foreshadowing in dialogue and slideshows.

Edited by someguy2000

It wouldn't be a sound conclusion. For me, it was never a serious option.

Numerous threads will be tied up in NVBIII, so I'll have to weave some fresh ones for Sinners and Slaves. Expect an abundance of foreshadowing in dialogue and slideshows.

Huzzah! :dance: Don't push yourself to much though. We don't want to break you.

Marko would be comatose, totally unaware that you're there. Killing him would only provide a hollow sense of justice.

You are right there would be no justice in that, he gets to live out the rest of his life in peace with a loving family and when the reaper finally comes knocking he's completely oblivious to whatever horror you could inflict on him or the ones he cares about (if he does care), it would be a sad and hopeless but meaningful end to that story.

But I'm glad you decided against that version, there's only so much hopelessness or grimdark you can dish out without it being too much to handle for anyone even remotely invested in the story or characters, plus there's the risk of it being dark just for the sake of being dark, do it to ridiculous levels and it starts to lose meaning and becomes predictable, I'm sure you will strike a perfect balance as always.

I look forward "tying up" some loose ends, the monster of Caruthers Canyon and a certain trickster both have a date with the end of my gun, i wonder if I'll even want more revenge after that, is it possible to have to much revenge? doesn't seem that way with Frank, guess I'll call it punishment. haha

If you ever need more testers I'd love to help out, my game is heavily modded and stable but other then that its a blank slate as far as progress in your mods goes, not sure if that's useful to you.

Thanks again for everything. :smile: