Guest deleted2159825

What I was wondering was, what would the (potential) Bobby Bass companion mod include? Would it be similar to Russell or something different entirely? (That is if you have a concept of sorts yet and are willing to share it)

The initial release would include the following features:

- Fully-voiced dialogue

- Companion wheel functionality

- Extensive dialogue options

- Commentary on certain locations

However, the first build will likely not have a quest, as the one I have written, "The Ballad of Bobby Bass", would be labor-intensive, so it will have to wait until NVBIII is finished.

Thanks for the quick reply. Definitely sounds like a good concept for now but NVB III is more important I guess. What I was also wondering was, would NV Killer be required?

(Also, loving the mod reviews you have made. They've been a highlight of my last few days.)

Edited by FabianBogart

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was wondering was, what would the (potential) Bobby Bass companion mod include? Would it be similar to Russell or something different entirely? (That is if you have a concept of sorts yet and are willing to share it)

- Fully-voiced dialogue

However, the first build will likely not have a quest, as the one I have written, "The Ballad of Bobby Bass", would be labor-intensive, so it will have to wait until NVBIII is finished.

What will his weapon and/if/or perk be? Subsonic .22?

- Fully-voiced dialogue

What will his weapon and/if/or perk be? Subsonic .22?

I personally can't imagine Bobby with an assault rifle or a just a simple rifle in general. Maybe a 9 or 10mm SMG or even a silenced .22 SMG. Heck, maybe even a custom Thompson.

Guest deleted2159825

NV Killer is not required. Bear in mind that NV Killer is merely akin to What If?, whereas the companion mod will introduce Bobby to the series in proper fashion. The basic premise is that after the Judge's death, Bobby finds himself unemployed and rudderless, so naturally he drifts into... Goodsprings.

As for tying it into the Someguyseries.esm, I might not do it because:

- The quest won't start for about 10% of players when it's triggered by variables in the .esm (judging by NVBII), and I don't want to deal with all the whining

- I could make a standalone .esp, but that's more work than I'm interested in right now

I haven't yet decided on his perk, but his weapon of choice was never in doubt - the suppressed .22 with subsonic ammunition.

NV Killer is not required. Bear in mind that NV Killer is merely akin to What If?, whereas the companion mod will introduce Bobby to the series in proper fashion. The basic premise is that after the Judge's death, Bobby finds himself unemployed and rudderless, so naturally he drifts into... Goodsprings.

As for tying it into the Someguyseries.esm, I might not do it because:

- The quest won't start for about 10% of players when it's triggered by variables in the .esm (judging by NVBII), and I don't want to deal with all the whining

- I could make a standalone .esp, but that's more work than I'm interested in right now

I haven't yet decided on his perk, but his weapon of choice was never in doubt - the suppressed .22 with subsonic ammunition.

Goddamn Goodsprings. Again.

As for the weapon, I think he would also need something that he could deal a little more damage with, no? Maybe a melee weapon? Zimmer already had his "custom weapon" the Katana though I guess he doesn't need his anymore after he transcended into Jesus Zimmer. That leaves a knife (maybe a razor would be a good idea, eventhough that's not the strongest weapon either), a fire axe (might be a little big for him though) or a powerfist maybe. But hell, what do I know. I hope I don't seem like a smartass here.

Bobby's .22 is not a normal .22.

I sense mini nukes.

However tempting that might be, I will say no. :smile:

I could see you pulling off something similar to SIlence's pistol with Bobby's .22.