Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

Just curious .but did you Intend for Marko to be like the dangerous opposite to the courier ? Now I'm saying this without role playing in mind (pls don't h8 me role players ) being as the courier is the legend of te Mohave for being a badass and Marko is legend for being the same in an evil sense spanning a larger area. I guess a simpler way to put it would be Marko is like Jason Todd / the joker to batman (ie the courier ) or even the cold weather to Payton manning .

If I'm placing this in the context of sports, it's Ali vs. Frazier. Or perhaps Mike Tyson vs. Holyfield's ear.

As far as comics go, the player is Superman and Marko is Batman, a la The Dark Knight Returns.

In a broader, literary sense, Marko is akin to Lucifer in Paradise Lost. He is undaunted by chaos and death, and he will readily challenge God (the player, in a de facto sense), even if it's a losing struggle in the end. Even if Marko loses, he wins a little just by hurting the player, and I mean really hurting him/her. This was how I wrote him, as a sort of twisted protagonist standing athwart the unstoppable force that is the Courier, reminding him/her of their own mortality, if only for a moment. Over the years I've read countless "I'm going to kill Marko" rants, so my inclination was to harness that bravado and turn it against the player. Maybe the end result is beyond the pale, but that was the only way I was getting behind Marko as a character.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say it might've gone beyond the pale, but I'm glad you put depth into the characters . So many are just " kill him you win" and sure maybe someone you liked throughout the story dies but still it's the same result . There is nothin better than a book/movie/game/mod that makes you feel like crap at a ending or makes you feel ecstatic or whatever the feeling may be. I've felt that with the bounties series and I am pretty excited to see how it feels to face the man who would spit into the devils eye (or gods for better context ) without blinking or moving an inch .

A quick input for when you or whoever works on a trailer for NVB3.

I recommend you use Black Rebel Motorcycle Club- Beat The Devil Tatto.

I seen BRMC open for the arctic monkeys a few weeks ago and was like *jizz*

I think it fits well for a modern western.

I don't think you need copyrights for a mod trailer so give it a listen :)

I look forward to confronting Marko on a multitude of my characters.

He will probably leave a mark(Get it?Marko...mark...nevermind) on my stereotypical neutral but with a good heart ranger courier.

I wonder what he will manage to do against my cold psychopath frumentarii disguised as a Bounty Hunter Courier. Besides maybe cutting off appendages I can not think of a way that this character will be phased psychologically.

Just curious .but did you Intend for Marko to be like the dangerous opposite to the courier ? Now I'm saying this without role playing in mind (pls don't h8 me role players ) being as the courier is the legend of te Mohave for being a badass and Marko is legend for being the same in an evil sense spanning a larger area. I guess a simpler way to put it would be Marko is like Jason Todd / the joker to batman (ie the courier ) or even the cold weather to Payton manning .

If I'm placing this in the context of sports, it's Ali vs. Frazier. Or perhaps Mike Tyson vs. Holyfield's ear.

As far as comics go, the player is Superman and Marko is Batman, a la The Dark Knight Returns.

In a broader, literary sense, Marko is akin to Lucifer in Paradise Lost. He is undaunted by chaos and death, and he will readily challenge God (the player, in a de facto sense), even if it's a losing struggle in the end. Even if Marko loses, he wins a little just by hurting the player, and I mean really hurting him/her. This was how I wrote him, as a sort of twisted protagonist standing athwart the unstoppable force that is the Courier, reminding him/her of their own mortality, if only for a moment. Over the years I've read countless "I'm going to kill Marko" rants, so my inclination was to harness that bravado and turn it against the player. Maybe the end result is beyond the pale, but that was the only way I was getting behind Marko as a character.

I'm guessing this hurt is a little more than stimpaks or caps will heal? correct?

That Destroyer of Worlds pistol would be a great weapon for Marko to carry. And I could see him with some kind of saw-toothed machete as well. The better to cut your limbs off with.

Remember, folks. Bobby Bass ain't no Cro-Magnon, Paleolithic motherf*#@er. He make a nice, clean body. He ain't gonna be chopping folk up with a fire axe or smashing their skulls to pieces with a power fist. Cause that's just disgusting.

Some kind of shock baton seems appropriate. That's a proper way to do folks in. Just give them a jolt and turn them off. Plus, you can use it to fry the dogs' nuts off if your foot be getting tired.

Or maybe one of them cosmic knives. A clean cosmic knife, of course. Got to be clean to do the job right. Pruning the plants or pruning the throats.

Guest deleted2159825

I have good news and bad news.

Bad news: The Bobby Bass companion mod will have to wait until NVBIII is finished. I started on it and quickly realized the sheer volume of voice acting, not to mention his "unusual" quest would necessitate a lengthy production timetable.

Good news: I made a companion to assist with my mod reviews and decided to upload the plugin the tonight. I introduce... Bad Mothaf*#@a!

Guest deleted2159825

Will you be doing more reviews soon? also set Guts to essential, no more sadness. :wink:

I recorded most of my review for War Never Changes, and it will up tonight.