Mod Categories

Dark0ne

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of applying only one category per mod is very generalized. It's probably way too late for this site to change but I think the best way to implement something like this to enable searching to be much better is the ability to assign multiple categories to a single mod and make the categories very specific.

Small Example of Specific Categories:

- Weapons

- Armor

- Clothes

- Spells

- Buildings

- Land

- Plants

- Creatures

Example Assignment: When I upload my "Armory of the Silver Dragon" mod, I could assign it all the categories that match what is in the mod such as: Weapons, Armor, Clothes

Now when somebody searches for mods with Weapons, they will be able to find them even if the mod is mainly about a house but includes a weapon as well. Just think how popular mods would become if there was a "New/Unique Object" category for the modders who actually CREATE new 3D objects rather than just re-assign weapon stats of pre-existing weapons?!?!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Perhaps a sequels category where one could find a mod and all its sequels.

Example:

My Wonderfull Mod

My Wonderfull Mod II

Isn't this wonderfull? A place where you can find sequels without abusing the search button for 30 minutes :ph34r: .

PS: new versions shouldn't count as sequels.

A large scale mod and TC category. It's not fair to spend all that hard work then people not downloading your mod.

TC's will most likely not be published on Tessource because of the mod size. Here is a Serpent of Shadow quote answering a question about the size of Project Serpent:

The teaser will probably be around or a little under 10 MB (the esps/esms). I cannot for sure give you any numbers, but my GUESS would be the completed version would be about as big as Oblivion.esm if not a little bigger.

Now if you include cutom content, we're looking at a MUCH larger download size. The teaser alone could easily reach the 30 MB mark and even pass it. We'll see when it gets close to completion.

Now, if you take in consideration that oblivion.esm is around 250 MB, then add the .bsa's, we have a problem, as Tessource only supports <50 mb. Of course, this might be possible with the over 50 mb beta feature (which apparently requires you to find another site).

It would also be a possibility to split those TC's in [insert number here, depending on size], and be required to download them all.