The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

After the rather rude lady shooed Ara and T'skar out of her shop, Ara felt insulted.

How does she get any business at all throwing customers out like that?

She walked out and met with Baba and Gnaag. The three began walking down the spiral streets looking for lodging. Finally in front of them was a mangled, old sign. Ara glanced around. It was pretty sketchy. Perhaps it would be cheap. Her 100 gold still jingled inside her purse but she wasn't sure that it would be good here. These people traded with another metal. Certainly she could sell the gold pieces for money at a metallurgist? As they checked in Ara looked around. The reception room was disgusting. She put her packs and her bow in one of the three rooms they rented and followed the others to the tavern. She kept her sword as it was a comfort to have it on her back. She would never be parted with the katana. She noticed that Baba had been breathing more and more heavily and was using his walking stick more. She was worried. The healing magic she knew was for field wounds. And it wasn't as strong as her mother's had supposedly been. She could heal but if it was a critical wound she would need the help of a potion or an actual healer. Baba looked like he needed an actual healer or doctor. Suddenly tuning into the conversation she realized they were talking about the swords. She spoke up noticing that several were missing from the group.

"Has anyway been successful in locating a curator?"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having reserved the rooms, the woman at the counter was most unwilling to do that without seeing any money, but finaly agreed.

<thoughts>

"What an extraordinary hospitality around here..."

</thoughts>

As Mandrake and Tiax walk out Tiax says with a kind smile.

"And a fine day to you to my dear host."

:ohmy: Baba realized that the stress and the heat were getting to him, but he didn’t have time to be sick right now.

He finished his fruit juice at the tavern, turned to Ara and Gnaag, and asked if they were ready to go find the museum in the Honeycomb.

They returned on the route they had taken to get out and were soon back at the Honeycomb Heaven.

Baba approached the woman behind the desk and asked if she could tell him where the Honeycomb Museum is. He’d be willing to pay for any information she could help them with.............................,

and the sooner they could get to the museum, the sooner they would be moving on.

Tomorrow morning they would still have to check out the sword at the other museum, and then off to see Zarim Bembolia who lives in or near Golconar. He was not sure if they should take the boat or just travel by road. :(

Kalmer bows courteously but very slightly to the curator.

"Master Curator, we are envoys from a far off city, and come upon the desire of our Lord, who wishes to investigate historical artifacts. While he understands that he cannot have certain items in his collection, he wishes to at least have documented evidence of their existence. Upon the confirmation of this, he pays a handsome reward to those who have assited in his little .... hobby. That means myself, my good colleague here," me gestures respectfully to T'Skar, "and in this case, your good self." He takes a small step back away from the curator, and waits for the curator to answer, or maybe T'Skar would like to interject.

OOC> I am confused as you have given me two conflicting scenarios and I can only handle one.

EITHER - BJ asks for a doctor and goes to the rendezvous point OR - BJ's group (with or without doctor) go to look for the sword in the Honeycomb. If the latter, what are Mandrake and Tiak supposed to be doing?

When this is made clear to me I'll respond.

In the meantime as you could ask the proprietor the question in either scenario I'll post her reply.

On Topic

The proprietor frowns. "Do I look like the kind of person who has time for frivolities?" She leans in closer to Baba-John. "Old man, let me give you some advice. Bribery will get you nowhere in this town. You want to gain our respect do something that needs doing - shovel sand. Tourists always write about our little local customs but are far too superior to help out even when help is needed."

She relents enough to tell you that the best place to ask for the other museum is in the city museum.

:( Baba was slowly getting the feeling that the magic, that was affecting the world, was worse than they had realized. What ever happened to friendliness, kindness and helpfulness? People were almost trying to be nasty. Caught up in their own little worlds and not even glimpsing the bigger picture. He had sacrificed most of his adult life to helping the world and those that lived in it.......................

Madam, Do you expect me to shovel sand at my age?

Ok, where do you want me to do this?

Let’s go.

I will shovel with you, if that is what you wish.

Baba realized that he had been tricked even as the woman answered him. >:(

A man of his word he decided that come tomorrow morning he would do his fair share.

Possibly he could get Ara and Gnaag to help. They would show these people that they were not the sort that would shirk there duties.

Baba decided that it wouldn’t hurt to get an early night so he wished everyone a good afternoon and retired to his alcove.

Mandrake decides that it would be best if he made himself usefull so he walked after tiax and then toke the lead and walked towerds the docks.

""maybe the sailors now anything of the sword and we could look for a boat for the nextpart of the trip.""

"lets check the docks maybe there is something interesting there?"

mandrake says to tiax.

Gnaag looked disgusted at the woman. He was confused how she could deny the money. He was too young. No ideas how to persuade her. He turned to Ara.

"So fighter show them what you are made of. Do not allow them to make fools of us. Do something."

Archived