ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

Sael wanders down from from his room in the tavern looking the worse for wear from a hangover.

He see's Baba John and Gnaag and wanders in there direction

"gah, I don't remember a darned thing, from this past week." He looks blearily at the others.

"did i here you say about something shovelling sand? If the worlds stopped beating my head with a hammer i'll help with that... just don't mention it to my father, he believes nobles shouldAct their station"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something seems to have affected gnaag's taste buds, perhaps he has sand in his mouth from touring the Honeycomb. The people of Dohoti may be almost uniformly sour but they are not cheats. Sael is so drunk he is rambling but the barkeep puts a small glass beside him.

"Drink this. It tastes disgusting but it is an instant cure for hangovers. Used to suffer myself so I know. I overheard you saying something about shovelling. Not sure I believe it. It'll be the first time a visitor has ever helped but I have a feeling you are not a liar. You can have this hang over cure on me. If you want to buy bottles of it - enough for four hangovers a time - they are four nipin each."

He glances at the other two. "I'll pretend I didn't see you reach for your dagger young man. Otherwise you'd be in the dungeons and as like as not no one would see you again. What's your problem? If someone's after your life, defend yourself. Bring out a knife for an insult and you'll be a mass murderer before you can say sandstorm."

To Baba-John he adds. "He's young and a bit hot headed but perhaps he means well. My two sons would have been like him if they's survived the storm last year. We have to teach them. I never really got the chance with mine."

The barkeep returns behind the bar.

Kalmer and T'Skar open the door to the tavern and Kalmer is surprised to see Sael there, looking rather the worse for wear. Or beer. "Greetings, companion." He says in his usual, almost expressionless tone. "I am glad you have come to your senses. We shall be in need of some extra manpower on the morn, if you can muster it. Although as yet we don't know with what we shall be tasked, the curator at the museum said that we will have work to do."

Kalmer was obviously oblivious to his companions' future task, and asked, "Which of you wish to sign up with TSkar and me to help out at the museum? And by the way, our next port of call is to be Golconar, to see Bembolia......." He lowers his voice at this point..... "...He has requested information on the Swords of Zooz from the curator. His answer is to be sent by letter this afetrnoon. We should find out where and when the postal service leaves, and also boat times to Golconar."

Sorry, we’re already spoken for at the Honeycomb Heaven. :blush:

Wonder what it is though. Landlady said something about shoveling sand........

Barman, could you please bring me another glass of wine? :rolleyes:

Sorry, we're already spoken for at the Honeycomb Heaven.

When Baba has brought Kalmer and T'Skar up to speed on the sand-shovelling situation, Kalmer wonders what he and his companion will have to do at the museum.

"Where on Tag... I mean Bashkher are the other two?" He asks, glancing around the tavern looking for Mandrake and Tiax.....

"Please forget about it. It is my mistake. I think something flew in my beer, so it didn't tasted as well as I am used to." Gnaag took the tankard and with the 'smile' drank it all.

"It was wonderfull. But I have enough now. Can you please bring me a cup of clear water?"

Gnaag's stomach felt torture. The beer was really disgusting. Maybe no water in it. It could be that in this land they drink it so.

Then he turned to coming Sael. The mage, Gnaag was told. Another person who could angry him there. But he had to be calm...

"Hi, how have you slept? I see you are quite out of order."

T'skar sits with the rest, and orders a wine. After thanking the barkeep, she turns to the rest and leans in a little closer. Dropping her voice, so only her companions can hear, she says "It seems this sand storm may wreak a little havoc around here. I had the idea as we left the curator's office that he may be a little friendlier if we were to help dig, and from what you have told us of the desk clerk at the Honeycomb Haven, and our fine barkeep here, it seems likely that few visitors have ever helped. Now, I hate blisters as much as the next man, even if he is a woman, but I am willing to pitch in, and then maybe we can use that as leverage to gain some information." Turning to Baba Bashar, she says in a more normal tone "So you, Ara, and Gnaag have rooms at the Homeycomb Haven? Kalmer and I have not looked yet, as we went first to the museum, but I think there are rooms here, and as it is right across from the museum, it may work for us to take rooms here so we can be to work early. I wonder where Tiax and Mandrake are? I guess they are big boys, and will likely find their way around. What of you, friend Sael? Where would you like to spend the night?" Dropping her voice a little, and winking, she says "I think our bartender has a soft spot for you."

After taking a nap, Ara returned to the bar feeling more refreshed. She walked over and collapsed into a chair between Baba and Gnaag. Aena chirped on her shoulder perch and flapped her wings to adjust.

"Nice little sleep at our pristine residence."

She raised her hand and ordered water. Turning to the others she spoke nonchalantly.

"So. Are we going to shovel this damn sand or not?"

Sael thanks the barman.

Good to see you T'Skar, I needed to get my mind a bit straight or at least drown my sorrows somewhat, i'll try to be more helpfull from now *he smiles - though his eyes don't*

Thanks Gnaag, yes, well better now anyway. So wheres this sand that needs shoveling?

"What do ya think they honor here? Nothing indicates something.... Perhaps there is something more here."

Tiax says to Mandrake

"Some hidden cult?................ Perhaps under the statue or that grill."

Tiax scratches his head...

"Looks like no one is around here.. maybe I should do my magic here.. that grill..."

Archived