Can't Take Screen Shots

Rhineheart

Ah, right.

Yes, it is, that's the strange thing, I could've sworn it was in the Oblivion folder itself originally. It's almost like the game moved it or something. :P

Now I'm getting the same problem as you. I turned the graphics up, restarted, and ever since then my print screen key won't work in-game, even though it's set to allow it in the ini file. For some reason increasing the graphics seems to disable your ability to take screenshots? Weird.

I changed the Oblivion_default.ini (in the Oblivion folder, probably uneccessary), the Oblivion.ini and ConstructionSet.ini (in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion) and now it works with printscreen.

For you that changed graphics, could it be that Oblivion rewrites the ini when you change things, without remembering things like the screenshot settings? Check that it's still set to 1.

Yeah that's what I thought, but it's still set to 1. Oblivion_default.ini doesn't exist for me, but I've changed the option in ConstructionSet.ini and surely enough, it works. Yay! Thanks Tubal. ^^ I reckon you've found the fix.

• 3 years later...

First of all sorry for ressing the thread, but as there already is one and to prove that I did look it up, here I am. I tried all the variants posted above and it's still not allowing me to take screenies. I didn't find the ConstructionSet.ini tho...

Does anyone have an idea how I could get it to take screenshots please?

• 3 months later...