64 bit

Burnagirl

Hi to all,

As I'm picking up my new rig\machine tomorrow it's coming with Windows 7 64 bit, is this going to be a problem

in any way at all as fas as installing and playing Fallout 3 is concerned (do I need a patch or anything ?).

Currently I'm playing on 24" Imac with vista (please dont shoot me) and it's horriblly slow.

Specs on the new machine Core i7 950 cpu, 6 gigs ddr3, Asus Rampage gene II and Nnvidia Geforce 250 gts.

This machine\rig was specifically built so that I can finally run Fallout 3 on "Ultra".

The thing is will the the game work ?

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

I'm currently running Fallout 3 on a 64 bit Win 7 machine and it purrs along like a Swiss sewing machine. The only problem is with the UAC while running the game in Program Files. As you are running Vista then you should already be aware of installing the game outside of the default Program Files. Put it on the C: drive or make a folder and name it "Games" and install your games there.

The Rabbit

yea you will be ok , just a side not fallout 3 was never tested on windows 7 but i guess it works for most people..

http://smb.media.seagate.com/files/2009/07/fingers_crossed.jpg

fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

all windows seven are sixty four bit, windows did away with the two versions to streamline their product line. :)

Sadly... No, that isn't the case. They decided to release a 32 bit version anyway. It was probably done because Dell or other large quantity suppliers don't all use 64 bit processors in their systems and to appeal to people with older computers who bought vista and want to upgrade.

all windows seven are sixty four bit, windows did away with the two versions to streamline their product line. :)

Sadly... No, that isn't the case. They decided to release a 32 bit version anyway. It was probably done because Dell or other large quantity suppliers don't all use 64 bit processors in their systems and to appeal to people with older computers who bought vista and want to upgrade.

I have heard that Win 7 32bit doesn't have the large ram issue (like the 4th gb is used for video on my laptop)