Crashing at 6PM, 10 times in a row.

cowgirl1776

Problem: Game is crashing when it turns 6PM regardless of how it happens. I can be waiting in real time, sleeping, or fast traveling.

System Specs:
Vista,
GTX 680 4 GB,
I7 CPU 920 @2.67GHz
6GB RAM
Free hardrive space 600GB out of 1.2 TB

Game info: Legendary Edition, all DLC/Patches

NMM: 0.47.3
SKSE: 1.6.16 (Latest non-alpha/beta)
Sorting Tool: Loot

Sorry if I come off as a bit aggravated. For the last six days I have been fighting Skyrim and have spent roughly six hours each day trying to problem solve various things and reinstalling everything to ensure a smooth game. After everything seemed to work I started a new game. It ran beautifully, right until Alduin showed up. No sooner had Tullius said “What in Oblivion” the game crashed. Again and again, no matter what I tried. Same point. Finally I installed an alternate start mod and began in another location in the Rift, and that seemed to let me bypass the problem. For about a week of in-game time Skyrim ran well, but for some reason I’ve now ran into a constant crash. As soon as the game reaches 6:00pm it will crash, regardless of what I may try to skip it; fast travel, sleeping, waiting, etc.

The first thing that came to mind was that something may be spawning or resetting, but I’ve played with 90% of these mods before and never ran into this issue (The other 10% shouldn’t have anything to do with it, crafting mods and the like.) But I’m no expert when it comes to such things, so I was hoping someone might know what the cause is.

I’ve tested it on other save files and while they don’t crash at 6pm, they do crash at other points at roughly the same date.

I'd really appropriate some insight if anyone would. I feel like I'm about to pull my hair out over this. x.x

Edited by cowgirl1776

Please use BOSS to sort your load order, and paste the log. Feel free to use LOOT again after that, but using a text file to review your load order is a nightmare.
Also, more details would be desirable. For example, does the issue persist when in an interior, or in another part of Skyrim? Can you use 'set gamehour to 19' to bypass the problem, and if so, does it crash at 6 the next day?
This is probably definitely a load order issue.

although LOOT is BOSS v3, i've found BOSS a bit more reliable yet (but later maybe LOOT will become the regular tool)

make a simple txt file and write down what MUST go BEFORE or AFTER what, then run BOSS, then manually adjust a few then try again.

LOOT is still in a beta form ( being tested) I have used it and it seems to work very well so far. But More of the people that help are used to working with the BOSS format list currently and can quickly scan it for anomalies. :thumbsup: