Does Law Have a Right to Put Someone to Death ?

AncientSpaceAeon

Vote, Post, And Debate !  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Does Law Have a Right to Put Someone to Death ?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

In my country there's someone poor who only stole one banana, and he could spend 7 years in jail. There's also a poor man, owning a pill of a type of drug, and get sentenced for 5 years. While a rich woman, own kilograms of it (if I'm not wrong), and only sentenced for 9 months. The same can happen to people who done a bigger crime (possibly with a punishment to death).

Death is a type of punishment that cannot be cancelled or reduced. If something goes wrong . . .

I feel like I am getting a wake up call here to imprison myself further by stopping the use of money; and/or to go out and put a double fence up with hounds running between, and razor wire over it to keep me from escaping to the grocery store when I am running low on supplies. Or too to stop me from acting like a childish child and robbing some women on welfare checks. I have to admit some of those adult bodies out there on the streets are still so uneducated they will act like childish brat to get money from anyone. "Spare some change for the Lowly"? I tried that too and believe me I prefer it to trying to steal it from someone who is obviously better off then me because they learned a better method of beggary.

When all I really wanted from women was some of their breast milk. I would have gladly traded giving them a Valentine massage in exchange...I already found a scientific solution for getting the breast milk suplement, but HEY! Someone may still want to ravage the collected crafting tools I have for earning cash when I need more money. That is if I grow younger and want to bask in the riches, more so, then maybe getting an Aptera in the near future.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone breaks into your home, and rapes and murders your mom, child, or family member; then defend yourself but DON'T kill them. You must allow them to live, even if it means sacrificing yourself.

Sorry, but not a Fu(k!ng chance. If some breaks into my home, kills/rapes my family,

They Will Die.

No exceptions. Not even if he/she used to be a best mate.

If someone breaks into your home, and rapes and murders your mom, child, or family member; then defend yourself but DON'T kill them. You must allow them to live, even if it means sacrificing yourself.

Sorry, but not a Fu(k!ng chance. If some breaks into my home, kills/rapes my family,

They Will Die.

Species clearly does not understand emotion.

Is it ethical to shoot some burglars (or bash their brains in, both have happened)who are fleeing from your house empty handed? When do we draw the line at killing those that have wronged you?

Also some people seem to have deluded themselves that judges and police are incorruptable paragons of virtue, incapable of even taking a personal bias let alone falsifying evidence... If you can't tell I'm referring to the case of Derek Bentley again.

They Will Die.

Is it ethical to shoot some burglars (or bash their brains in, both have happened)who are fleeing from your house empty handed? When do we draw the line at killing those that have wronged you?

Also some people seem to have deluded themselves that judges and police are incorruptable paragons of virtue, incapable of even taking a personal bias let alone falsifying evidence... If you can't tell I'm referring to the case of Derek Bentley again.

Maybe this only happen to a few (especially if the killer HAD a family) :

"If someone kill a part your family, and you kill the killer, you will also kill a part of another family. In the end, both are killers of one someone loved."

Or

If someone kills your family (note that species don't say that the killer was going to attack and kill the whole family, including you, in that case it's self defense) you kill the killer (for revenge ?).

I think I approve more of death penalty rather than those.

Are we all so innocent we could not be found to be deserving of the Death Penalty?

EDIT;

Beings that it is not likely I could persuade any of you to sit down and write out all your powerful moods mingled with reasoning without first offering you a place at a bar and giving you your favorite drink to ease your mind and then let you begin a dissertation upon your reasoning in a safe and soft surrounding without fear of any hecklers until you are through and the next person speaks.

I will leave you to your quiet scores to settle moods.

They Will Die.

"If someone kill a part your family, and you kill the killer, you will also kill a part of another family. In the end, both are killers of one someone loved."

Or

If someone kills your family (note that species don't say that the killer was going to attack and kill the whole family, including you, in that case it's self defense) you kill the killer (for revenge ?).

I think I approve more of death penalty rather than those.

You remind me of an ancient saying but I cant remember the words to it, but it was along the lines of families wronging each other.

Also I should point out the vigilante style cases I actually had in mind happened in American states which still enforced the Death Penalty, clearly these people had learned it was OK to kill people in some way. Nearly everyone has family or friends, what would they go through if their loved ones also died? So is justice inflicting an equal amount of pain on others that had nothing to do with the crime?

They Will Die.

Or

If someone kills your family (note that species don't say that the killer was going to attack and kill the whole family, including you, in that case it's self defence) you kill the killer (for revenge?).

@Rebalious, If they leave empty handed, No, they don't die, But that doesn't mean they'll just leave either.

@Amcient Aeon, I really wouldn't care if they had any family left. For what they may have did to ANY member of my family (Even my slutty cousins) I would make sure they are wiped from the face of this horrible Earth.

They Will Die.

Also some people seem to have deluded themselves that judges and police are incorruptible paragons of virtue, incapable of even taking a personal bias let alone falsifying evidence... If you can't tell I'm referring to the case of Derek Bentley again.

You obviously didn't read my entire comment, only the snippet that was carved out of my original thought, and posted. Here's the entire thing:

(Again...if the question is, does law have a right to put someone to death. I say yes.

As a Marine, I've lived in several different countries, and have immersed myself within their cultures. Exposing myself to a variance of opinions, is why I came to this conclusion. I think people, especially those how have never left the country, or maybe even their state, will not have experienced what I have, and will probably see the value in legalized executions if they see what I see. Maybe not. Now, I would agree with people who say legalized execution is wrong, IF people naturally lived forever. But we don't. We die. It's a natural part of life. An inescapable part of life. There's nothing odd or crazy about death. It's a natural occurrence. But if you don't believe the law has a right to put someone to death, then stand by your convictions. If someone breaks into your home, and rapes and murders your mom, child, or family member; then defend yourself but DON'T kill them. You must allow them to live, even if it means sacrificing yourself.)

Obviously, I don't believe that you should stand idle while someone assaults your family. I believe you should defend yourself no matter the cost. Kill the perpetrator, maim them, detain them, whatever. Most logical people would agree, that if the above scenario did happen, then killing the intruder would be justified. If your case went to court, then the jury should pronounce you innocent. And if you failed to defend yourself and were killed alongside your family, then a jury should administer the death penalty, on your behalf. This is what I would do.

But for those who don't believe in the death penalty, what are they going to do with you, or the perp? If they stand by their convictions, then when you kill a guy while defending your family, they should pronounce you Guilty of murder.

Why? Well, if you don't believe in the death penalty, then you couldn't possibly believe that a person has the right to take the "law" into their own hands. Any killing is wrong. Because the "law" only represents the rights of an individual. Administering the death penalty doesn't just happen inside a sealed prison room, in an electric chair or gas chamber. Administering the death penalty can also happen out in the streets and when it does, it's called murder, homicide, involuntary manslaughter, or self-defense. Again...If you don't believe in the death penalty, then you don't believe you have a right to defend yourself, by any means necessary. Or you're hypocrite.

And if you don't believe in the death penalty, then the perpetrator shouldn't be executed, no matter what. It shouldn't matter if he raped your 4 year daughter until she died, or blew up an orphanage, or eats people for breakfast. Because you believe he has a right to live. Even he believes you don't...

@species5478

I can follow your point to a certain degree.

Yet I find there is a difference between defendeing your self by killing the opponent, and a death penalthy.

I see a death penalty as a revenge, since killing the convict, does NOT bring back the victims he/she has killed.

However defendeing your self, and ending up killing the opponent, keeps YOU alive, and kills the one who started

the break in/fighting.

No one is to bring back, you are still alive, he who started, new what he was doing. He payed the price.

Now as I already mentioned in the start, had HE killed YOU, there is no need to kill him too.

What good does it bring, other than revenge?

Is death really a punishment ? I mean after he's dead, will he feel his punishment we given to him ? (if there is hell (which I believe), that's not really the punishment we humans give.)

If I'm not this kind, I'd say torture the guilty, but not too painful. Giving him a hot prison cell is enough.

Punishing the guilty won't bring back to life the one he/she killed. You probably already get what he/she stole, even if you don't get it, killing him/her won't bring what you lost back. If you are hurted, your wounds won't heal by killing him.