Steam sale

JimboUK

I didn't take advantage of really any of their deals, but then again, there was really nothing that I was interested in having that I didn't already have, then on sale. Glad they do sales like these though. Can't find better prices really at any game store, and even online.

About Steam issues, I've been a member of Steam since 2005 and I have to say that they've come a very long way. Originally, the service was crappy as (insert word here), but now they seem to work perfectly for the most part. Even Steam offline seems to finally be working correctly nowadays (which I actually only use once in a blue moon when the net is down here).

The only thing that really bugs me about them is when they constantly bombard you with updated news and stuff.

good sales they had, picked up Tomb Raider Underworld for $20 and the bf got a copy of Morrowind for $5 :)

Ah I remember when Steam was used only for Half Life and the like...ahh the good old days :P

Picked up Bioshock, it wouldn't work on my old PC and I'd given the disk away. Imagine my joy when I tried to run it last night only to find out it doesn't work on this one either. :dry:

Picked up Bioshock, it wouldn't work on my old PC and I'd given the disk away. Imagine my joy when I tried to run it last night only to find out it doesn't work on this one either. :dry:

Ooooh, I got Bioshock in the sale too. Works perfectley on mine...

Ooooh, I got Bioshock in the sale too. Works perfectley on mine...

Reading through the forums it seems there are some who it just won't work for while others have no issues at all, it's no great loss as I have it on the PS3 anyway.

Ya know what? I just setup my dream PC and slapped on two wide-screen monitors and thought of one game that I have that would actually use both monitors AND I have not yet played...Supreme Commander. Yep, that's right. I bought the game and refused to play it. That was during the time that I released Apophis: Armory of the Silver dragon mod for Oblivion and started to work with Jerros on Lost Paladins of the Divines. I promised I would not start playing the game until Lost Paladins was done...well, after 3 months, the game went on the back burner...especially after finding out how it was NOT going to be as moddable as Total Annihilation.

...anyway, to get to the point, I found the box, placed the DVD in the drive and started to install...got the dreaded CRC error. I pulled the disc out and looked at it. Sure enough, there were scratches...as if it were raked over something back and forth. I know for a fact is was not me so you can imagine how annoyed I was.

This was the point where I actually started to see a benefit to Steam-purchased games...assuming the Steam service doesn't go belly-up and leave all their subscribers hanging in the wind...ala Microsoft's music endeavor.

+1 to re-downloadable software.

LHammonds