Vampire Royal Armor - Remove cape

Boristus

Emboldened by previous success here, I'd like to ask for another much-requested change: To remove the cape from the Vampire Royal Armor, the Male version specifically, but the female version as well would be appreciated.

I've seen this requested multiple times here without success, but the same could be said for my previous request, so I figure it's worth a shot.

As an additional request, would it be possible to keep the front section of the male cloak (with the Molag Bal buckle), and copy it to the back (without the buckle)? If not, don't bother.

http://i60.tinypic.com/1196m8j.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the reason why there are so many requests for this but no one has done it yet.

http://i.imgur.com/1pR2wLf.png?1

For whatever reason, the developers left the part of the armor underneath the cape unfinished, so removing the cape results in a large empty space around the shoulders. Fixing this would mean editing the mesh itself in a 3d modeling program, which is quite a bit more work than just a simple retexture.

Still, there are quite a few modders out there who edit meshes for preexisting items and create brand new ones, so I'm not sure why this has gone undone.

It may be possible it fill in the empty area with part of the mesh from the alternate version.

That's what I was thinking. When I get my hands on a computer with the .BSA extractor, I was going to see if I could patch it with parts from the normal Vampire Armor mesh.

Well, bad news is that the fix I was trying was beyond my capabilities, but the good news is that I managed to kludge together a solution. I erased the cloak on the texture sheet, and then added a longer cloak model from the Cloaks of Skyrim mod to the Vampire Royal Armor item (like the hood on the Archmage's Robes). It's not perfect, but it works.

This is definitely something I would use. I like the royal armor a lot but it doesn't play nice with cloak mods. Was actually visiting this forum to see if there was a similar request up and lo and behold, it was! I won't have to post any, then.