ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Awake: The Rise of Mannimarco - coming this winter

Apollodown

Jenna posted just last night in the Voice Actors thread looking for " kind of a lot" of people of "all shapes and sizes" for a project she described as a "mini-DLC type thing". She hopes to find people "able to start relatively soon".

I'd hazard a guess that between her work on this project as well as ETaC, she wouldn't have the time to take on yet a third project, much less one of "mini-DLC" scope. I'd guess she's posting for voice actors for Rise of Mannimarco. The end of November still fits the "within six months" timeframe suggested in the OP, so I'd hazard a guess and say they're doing rather well.

But considering how relatively quiet the development has been, I don't think it's far fetched to assume that no one involved will confirm this, and we'll just have to wait and see.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've already cast the VAs though. They had an audition thread posted by Ripple.

I'm guessing it will come out when it will come out, and they don't feel the need to post updates on every step of progress.

The project is not at all on schedule for the initial projected window of 6 months. : (

Why not? It's not yet winter.

And even if it isn't, so what. If it's a better mod for it, then that's good. Even the best devs tend to run late on deadlines, especially when it comes to modding. I know I'll run very late on my deadline for IQ.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will confirm that we are not on schedule. We were hoping for a Jan/Feb release but that's off the table. We got hung up during the most difficult and most crucial phase of the project longer than I had allowed for in my initial projections due to a large number of people exiting and entering the team. We are back on track to complete that phase now though.

We still cannot provide a firm release date, or month even, at this point. I will tell you though that at this point we have created enough content to truly make some noise.

I will give you one new piece of information(and in doing so correct a misconception) about the mod: it is NOT DLC-"sized". Our initial aim was to create something of DLC quality. However at this point we have far surpassed DLC quality - and that's what's key.

Don't expect more of the same from this. Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind's biggest flaw is that Bethesda has rarely used the engine to truly tell an effective story. They create a huge playground and do next to nothing with it. We are doing something with it. We have enough talent on the team to REALLY break new ground, and we're doing it. Don't expect more of Skyrim - expect something better. We want this to be the quest you play Skyrim for - not the silly main quest or even the good ones like the dark brotherhood or Dawnguard.

In the meantime: do not expect reports from the team on our progress. Mannimarco is rising....

I will confirm that we are not on schedule. We were hoping for a Jan/Feb release but that's off the table. We got hung up during the most difficult and most crucial phase of the project longer than I had allowed for in my initial projections due to a large number of people exiting and entering the team. We are back on track to complete that phase now though.

We still cannot provide a firm release date, or month even, at this point. I will tell you though that at this point we have created enough content to truly make some noise.

I will give you one new piece of information(and in doing so correct a misconception) about the mod: it is NOT DLC-"sized". Our initial aim was to create something of DLC quality. However at this point we have far surpassed DLC quality - and that's what's key.

Don't expect more of the same from this. Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind's biggest flaw is that Bethesda has rarely used the engine to truly tell an effective story. They create a huge playground and do next to nothing with it. We are doing something with it. We have enough talent on the team to REALLY break new ground, and we're doing it. Don't expect more of Skyrim - expect something better. We want this to be the quest you play Skyrim for - not the silly main quest or even the good ones like the dark brotherhood or Dawnguard.

In the meantime: do not expect reports from the team on our progress. Mannimarco is rising....

Can't wait.

This and a College of Winterhold questline overhaul are what I'm waiting for.

This is why I mod alone son!

That and no one loves me.

Can't wait to see it at least, plus it'l probably give me ideas to steal for the slow moving Discworld, unless I finish it before you then FML

I've been mostly just using the engine to tell storys and have a blast but some of the things I learn allow new and psychotic ways to do quests ALA Math there showcasing breakables and animations of nifs I already know allowing for some fun scenarios. Looking forward to see what ya all come up with